Every year on the 3rd Sunday in July, we celebrate National Ice Cream Day. Today, there are over 1,000 flavors. On this glorious Sunday, many places are offering free ice cream in honor of the holiday instituted by President Ronald Reagan in 1984. Go to PetSmart PetHotels and you can even get some frozen fun for your furry friends as well! To pay homage to this summertime treat, HERB has 3 recipes to make everyone scream for ice cream. Grab your ice bucket and get to cranking, because nothing makes the summer heat fade better than a cold treat and some chill herb.
How old is ice cream?
The origins of the first true ice cream remain shrouded in mystery.
- 3,000 years ago, the Chinese built icehouses and made mixtures of milk and rice, freezing it within a second container of ice and salt water
- 2,000 years ago Ancient Persians kept snow in underground chambers or harvested from still-frozen mountain peaks. Then, concentrated grape juice was poured over it in a bowl
- Even before Marco Polo brought recipes back to Europe, Arabian sherbets were popular, flavored with everything from rose, jasmine, and violets to chilled syrups made of fruit juices
- The first book about ice cream was written in 1700 in French and called L’Art de Faire des Glacés
- During the Colonial Era, Quakers brought their recipes to the New World and sold the treat in large cities
- George Washington and other founding fathers regularly enjoyed the treat. Washington even made it a Presidential treat
- Nancy Johnson patented the first hand-cranked small-batch ice cream machine in 1843
Nothing says ‘perfection in confection’ like cannabis & chocolate!
Use this recipe HERE for an amazing treat to beat the heat.
Minty cool miracle
Chocolate only gets better when you add some fantastic green herbs to it. Combine mint and cannabis with the delight of chocolate for a frozen fantasy come true.
Follow this link HERE.
Vegan banana ice cream
Soothe your savage beast with this banana treat that turns your Sunday into a sundae worth remembering!
Enjoy creamy vegan goodness with the link HERE.
Going over the top with cannabis toppings
Planning on making a sundae of epic proportions? If you want to go over the top with cannabis ice cream, why not add a little more with some amazing toppings. After all, a great ice cream sundae is all about the extras.
HERB, your source for cooking with cannabis
If you love infusing cannabis into your daily life, then let HERB help you master the art with over 200 pages of recipes for every meal and every occasion. Grab your copy today, and start “baking” on a whole new level!
Let’s find out which is #1! Tell us your favorite flavor of ice cream on social media or in the comments below.
His other positions include Co-founder and product design for Cool Vapes and Creative Director for Ergrow Systems.
He is also Founder / President / Creative Director for The Official Cannabis Book of World Records.
Unity through Compassion!