Talking to your parents about weed can be pretty intimidating. Not to mention, awkward. While some of you have cool parents that approve of your love for ganja, others have to hide it from their mom and pop. If you’re ready to sit down and talk with them about the herb, then there are a couple of facts worth mentioning to help the conversation go smoothly. From improving athletic performance to helping you steer clear of alcohol, here are nine arguments to prove to your parents that weed is benefiting you.
1. Pot makes you thinner
It turns out, pot-smokers are at lower risk for obesity.
2. Cannabis is safer than alcohol
Cannabis is 114 times less deadly than alcohol.
3. If you smoke weed, you’re less likely to become addicted to harder drugs
According to this study, smoking pot helps people get off opiates. In fact, opiate-related deaths have also dropped significantly in states where the herb is legal.
4. Cannabis kills cancer cells
While the herb cannot prevent the disease altogether, it can shrink cancer cells. And that’s straight from the U.S. government’s mouth.
5. Ganja makes you a better athlete
If you play sports, your parents will be pleased to know that cannabis can improve athletic performance and recovery. For example, Nick and Nate Diaz are two of the best UFC fighters around. And they both happen to smoke weed.
6. Pot enhances creativity
While conducting a study in 2012, researchers discovered that cannabis increased verbal fluency in low creatives to the same level as that of high creatives.
7. Unlike cigarettes, weed isn’t bad for your lungs
The Journal of the American Medical Association says that weed-smokers may actually train their lungs to be more efficient if they take big hits.
8. Your love for cannabis could land you a job
From budtending to growing, the cannabis industry is full of job opportunities.
9. No one has ever died from smoking the ganja
Not a single soul has ever gone to their grave because of weed. You can prove it to your parents by sharing this study, which used Swedish army conscripts to reveal that pot-smokers aren’t at an increased risk of death.
Latest posts by Brittney Sanger (see all)
- 8 Pot Products All 90s Babies Need In Their Lives - August 18, 2017
- 10 Thoughts You Had When You Smoked Your First Bowl - August 18, 2017
- 8 Tiny Pot Products That Are So Random Yet So Adorable - August 17, 2017