Cannabutter is a primary ingredient in many cannabis-infused recipes or edibles. MagicalButter makes the perfect product, every time.
Cycle time: 2 hours
Yield: Approximately 2-5 cupsIngredients
- ¼-½ ounce botanicals per cup*,decarbed
- 2-5 cups unsalted butter, softened; for best results, clarified**
- 1 tablespoon lecithin per cup***
- Minimum capacity is 2 cups. Maximum capacity 5 cups.
- Do not use margarine or water.
- Place the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.*Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F; then, press the 2 Hours/Butter button. (For a more intense infusion of flavor and nutrients,
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F; then, press the 2 Hours/Butter button. (For a more intense infusion of flavor and nutrients, instead select 4 hours.)
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit from the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove cooking glove, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through a Purify filter into formed molds or other storage container.
*For best results do not pre-grind botanicals. Adjust botanical weight according to personal preference.
**For optimal extractions and maximum potency, based on extensive kitchen trials, our chef now recommends clarifying your butter before adding it to the pitcher. To clarify, gently melt and simmer the butter, discard the milk solids and surface foam, and retain the clear golden liquified butterfat. You can also skip clarifying and simply use melted or softened butter. Do not use cold, firm butter.
***Lecithin is optional but highly recommended. Lecithin is an emulsifier used in cooking and in the pharmaceutical industry for binding ingredients in lipids (butter, oils, and fats). It helps to increase the bioavailability of plant compounds in your high-lipid infusions, intensifying the potency of the resulting extracts. Lecithin can be made from soy, sunflower, rice, or egg yolk. It is available at your local health-food or vitamin store in the form of powder, granules, or liquid. Any type is sufficient except in capsules, because they contain too many binders and fillers. Soy lecithin powder is processed to eliminate compounds that may have estrogen-like effects. Lecithin granules are made from soy powder mixed with soy oil, so they may contain estrogen-like compounds. Because liquid lecithin is three times as potent as powder or granules (it’s also three times as messy), use only 1 teaspoon per cup of butter or oil for your extractions.
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Ditch Tobacco And Switch To Vaping - August 19, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis Fried Cap’n Crunch Chicken Tenders - August 18, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Sticky Pot Stickers - August 18, 2017