Apple pie pockets take the mess out of traditional apple pie and are a great way to make individual apple pie servings portable.
Apple Pie Pockets
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: about 15 minutes
- Serving size: 1 pocket
- Yield: 16 servings
- ¼ cup MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons for brushing pastry tops
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cognac
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic all-purpose flour
- 1 puff-pastry sheet
- 1 large Granny Smith apple; peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the MagicalButter.
- Whisk in the flour to form a roux. Then, add the water, sugar, cognac, and brown sugar, and stir.
- Bring the pot to a boil; then, reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer.
- Add the Peeled and Chopped Granny Smith Apple then stir; followed by your Vanilla Bean Paste and Cinnamon.
- Cut your puff-pastry sheet into 16 squares. Place 1 teaspoon of apple filling in the middle of the sheet, brush a light coating of egg wash on the corners, fold, and press to seal.
- Brush the tops of each puff with MagicalButter, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let your Apple Pie Pockets cool for 5 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Ditch Tobacco And Switch To Vaping - August 19, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis Fried Cap’n Crunch Chicken Tenders - August 18, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Sticky Pot Stickers - August 18, 2017