Watch: How To Make CannabutterSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Cannabutter is a vital ingredient in most cannabis recipes. If you want to make top quality cannabutter the key is 'low and slow".
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients448g/ 1 pound (lb) unsalted butter
500ml/2 cups water
Either: 1 Ounce (Oz)/28g decarboxylated ground premium cannabis/ 2 Oz decarboxylated leaf, stem or trim/ 4Oz Already Vaped Cannabis
Large glass bowl
Strainer or sieve that fits in the glass bowl
Lidded glass jar (to store the finished Cannabutter)
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter and water to a rapid simmer (just below a boil—the liquid will be active, with small bubbles consistently rising to the surface) over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Whisk in the cannabis/AVBs.
- Reduce the heat to low and bring the mixture to a slow simmer (there will be very little movement in the liquid, with small bubbles occasionally rising to the surface). Do not let the mixture boil.
- Cook for 5 hours, stirring every 90 minutes or so. Add additional warm water if needed (you don't want all the water to boil off).
- While the butter cooks, line a strainer or sieve with cheesecloth and place it over a large glass bowl.
- After 5 hours, pour the butter slowly through the cheesecloth into the bowl. Press down on the cannabis with a spatula to extract all the butter.
- Fold the cheesecloth, and use the spatula to push any remaining Cannabutter into the bowl. Discard the cheesecloth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours (overnight is better). The mixture will separate into solid butter and liquid water.
- Remove the butter from the fridge, discard the water, and slide a butter knife around the edges to remove the Cannabutter from the bowl.
- Transfer the butter to a glass jar with a lid and store it in the fridge or freezer.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 7 Surprising Things You Can Safely Vape Besides Weed - August 17, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Pizza Cones - August 10, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Powerhouse Pizza Bites - August 4, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 31 Jul, 2013
Recommended For You
It doesn't get much higher than this: Wikileaf has launched the first in-flight cannabis commercial with a major airline in the United States.
Centrexion Therapeutics Corp. is following in the tradition of other drugmakers who’ve created synthetic versions of natural analgesics such as THC.
While the medical cannabis industry is booming in the United States, it’s Europe that’s had the most growth. Will this trend continue?
Vaping is not only the best alternative to smoking, but it is also a great way to explore new flavors and enjoy unique buzz every time.
After attempting to classify CBD as a Schedule I controlled substance last year, the feds seem to finally be coming onboard.
For those who are all about the little things in life, here are eight tiny pot products that are so random, yet so adorable.
In some serious need of a mood uplift? Mango Kush is an evening flower known for inspiring big smiles and plenty of laughter.
If you're ready to plan the ultimate 420 night in with your partner, then here are six things you need to make it extra special.