Watch: How To Make CannabutterSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Cannabutter is a vital ingredient in most cannabis recipes. If you want to make top quality cannabutter the key is 'low and slow".
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients448g/ 1 pound (lb) unsalted butter
500ml/2 cups water
Either: 1 Ounce (Oz)/28g decarboxylated ground premium cannabis/ 2 Oz decarboxylated leaf, stem or trim/ 4Oz Already Vaped Cannabis
Large glass bowl
Strainer or sieve that fits in the glass bowl
Lidded glass jar (to store the finished Cannabutter)
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter and water to a rapid simmer (just below a boil—the liquid will be active, with small bubbles consistently rising to the surface) over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Whisk in the cannabis/AVBs.
- Reduce the heat to low and bring the mixture to a slow simmer (there will be very little movement in the liquid, with small bubbles occasionally rising to the surface). Do not let the mixture boil.
- Cook for 5 hours, stirring every 90 minutes or so. Add additional warm water if needed (you don't want all the water to boil off).
- While the butter cooks, line a strainer or sieve with cheesecloth and place it over a large glass bowl.
- After 5 hours, pour the butter slowly through the cheesecloth into the bowl. Press down on the cannabis with a spatula to extract all the butter.
- Fold the cheesecloth, and use the spatula to push any remaining Cannabutter into the bowl. Discard the cheesecloth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours (overnight is better). The mixture will separate into solid butter and liquid water.
- Remove the butter from the fridge, discard the water, and slide a butter knife around the edges to remove the Cannabutter from the bowl.
- Transfer the butter to a glass jar with a lid and store it in the fridge or freezer.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 5 Things To Look For In A Cannabis Marketing Agency - June 20, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Tuscan Garlic Lemon Chicken Pasta - June 20, 2017
- 5 Things You Should Know About CBD - June 17, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 31 Jul, 2013
Recommended For You
The world of concentrates is complex, especially due to their potency. If you have a low tolerance, or smoke very casually, should you smoke concentrates?
Did you know that THC affects you differently as you get older? Early research suggests that cannabis is better for you as you age.
Whether you're looking for someone to smoke with or need to improve your joint rolling skills, YouTube - and these YouTubers have - your back.
Despite the legislative and cultural strides cannabis has made in recent years, the U.S. still has a long way to go to allow full access to its citizens.
From Snoop to Jeff Sessions (who definitely didn't partake), all these people have some famous quotes about your favorite herb.
From having lithium and cocaine as ingredients to being the byproduct of Nazi Germany, here are 10 strange facts about sodas you probably didn't know.
Can chewing gum help America tackle the increasing opioid addiction? AXIM Biotechnologies, Inc. thinks yes, it can. They've just filed a patent to prove it.
CBD oil continues to grow in popularity, and the guidelines concerning its uses, benefits, and most importantly dosage remain real questions.