Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Here's a creamy, cheesy extraction that's great for recipes or as a topping
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
several sheets of cheesecloth
1 ounce cannabis, finely ground
1 gallon whole milk
1 quart cultured buttermilk
½ teaspoon salt
- Pour milk and buttermilk into saucepan. Stir finely ground cannabis into milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat mixture until the temperature reaches 170 degrees. Keep milk between 170 degrees and 175 degrees for 15 more minutes.
- Pour the mixture through cheesecloth to remove the waste. (optional)
- Return milk to pan and wait 15 minutes. The mixture should start to separate.
- Line a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and set it inside a large bowl. Pour the mixture through the strainer to collect curds. Discard the leftover milk, or use it in other recipes.
- Rest the curds on the strainer at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove curds from the cheesecloth and place in blender. Add salt and blend until creamy. Store in refrigerator.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Italian Limoncello In Your MagicalButter Machine - May 17, 2017
- How To Make Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats - May 7, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Fresh Berry Parfait - April 28, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Oct, 2008
Recommended For You
In many European nations, it is common practice to smoke cannabis and tobacco together, introducing to a whole host of health problems.
15-year-old Taylor Rehmeyer has been battling with a rare brain tumor, chemotherapy radiations, but believes it's cannabis that finally cured her.
So close, but so far away. Vermont Governor Phil Scott has tossed a bill back to the Legislature that would have legalized cannabis if he had signed it.
Thanks to KushMoji and their pot-friendly emojis, marketing THC is going to be a lot easier, and tokers will no longer have to use that leafy tree.
Many patients and caregivers have found success in treating severe conditions, like epilepsy, with natural hemp-based CBD extracts.
Have you tried Super Sour Diesel? This fast sativa strain is a cross between two famous buds: Super Silver Haze and Sour Diesel.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that a long-term study, spanning more than 30 years has revealed that cannabis may be a factor in improving eyesight over time.
This groundbreaking new study confirms CBD oil can help reduce seizures in children with epilepsy; and, in some cases, stop the seizures.