Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Here's a creamy, cheesy extraction that's great for recipes or as a topping
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
several sheets of cheesecloth
1 ounce cannabis, finely ground
1 gallon whole milk
1 quart cultured buttermilk
½ teaspoon salt
- Pour milk and buttermilk into saucepan. Stir finely ground cannabis into milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat mixture until the temperature reaches 170 degrees. Keep milk between 170 degrees and 175 degrees for 15 more minutes.
- Pour the mixture through cheesecloth to remove the waste. (optional)
- Return milk to pan and wait 15 minutes. The mixture should start to separate.
- Line a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and set it inside a large bowl. Pour the mixture through the strainer to collect curds. Discard the leftover milk, or use it in other recipes.
- Rest the curds on the strainer at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove curds from the cheesecloth and place in blender. Add salt and blend until creamy. Store in refrigerator.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Magical Gummies - July 21, 2017
- Is This The Solution To The Las Vegas Cannabis Shortage? - July 17, 2017
- How To Make French Toast Blunts - July 15, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Oct, 2008
Recommended For You
Seeking a calming strain for a rainy day? The sweet-scented Lavender is known for its mood boosting and relaxing qualities
Cannabis is very effective in treating many disorders, and it can have an overall therapeutic effect that vastly improves the lives of older weed smokers.
During a police stop in Washington, a driver was found to have 54 times the legal limit of THC in his system, say locals authorities.
Trying to lose weight? Science suggests that cannabis can help. Here's how THC promotes weight loss and which strains to try.
If you live in a typical household, chances are you’ll already have these seven household products, which will come in handy when toking.
Whether they’re selling coke, crack or smack, you have to wonder if dealers care about their customers once the transaction is over.
A major breakthrough has occurred in the decades-long fight against HIV/AIDS and it has to do with (you guessed it) cannabis.
What happens if concentrates sit around for a while? Users don't often discuss concentrate shelf life, but we all want to get the most out of our purchases.