Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Here's a creamy, cheesy extraction that's great for recipes or as a topping
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
several sheets of cheesecloth
1 ounce cannabis, finely ground
1 gallon whole milk
1 quart cultured buttermilk
½ teaspoon salt
- Pour milk and buttermilk into saucepan. Stir finely ground cannabis into milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat mixture until the temperature reaches 170 degrees. Keep milk between 170 degrees and 175 degrees for 15 more minutes.
- Pour the mixture through cheesecloth to remove the waste. (optional)
- Return milk to pan and wait 15 minutes. The mixture should start to separate.
- Line a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and set it inside a large bowl. Pour the mixture through the strainer to collect curds. Discard the leftover milk, or use it in other recipes.
- Rest the curds on the strainer at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove curds from the cheesecloth and place in blender. Add salt and blend until creamy. Store in refrigerator.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Spinach Artichoke Dip - September 22, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Amazing Apple Pie - September 22, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Highness Hot Sauce - September 22, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Oct, 2008
Recommended For You
Sometimes, you just want something chill. Not to sedative and not to energizing, this Sour Grape offers a nice balance between mind and body effects.
Edibles are known for the intense, full-body high they deliver. Rather than risk overmedicating, simply speed up the effects with one of these four options.
There are more and more ways to consume cannabis, which now includes sparkling water, meaning you can get elevated by drinking a refreshing beverage.
Police officers will now need to operate under new limits that were imposed by a new ruling from Massachusetts’ highest of court.
The University of Maryland’s pharmacy school has canceled classes that offered certifications in cultivation, assessment and laboratory standards.
A go-to appetizer for parties, this spinach artichoke dip has all the creamy-inside, brown-and-crispy-on-top texture and cheesy taste that you love.
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Not until you’ve gathered the essential cannabis ingredients and devices, to throw the perfect tailgate party.
There are trends for everything these days, including weed. The latest? Rolling rose petal blunts. Yes, this is a thing now.