Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Cannaghee is the basis for many edibles and makes cannabis infusion fantastically quick and simple. This is a must-have for every marijuana chef!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients900g unsalted butter
28g of finely ground, premium grade cannabis
- Melt the butter in a pan at a low temperature so that the butter is hot enough to boil (or you can use the *double boiler method)
- Froth will start forming on the surface. Remove the froth with a spoon.
- Continue until no more froth appears. You will be left with less butter/ghee than you started out with.
- While the ghee is simmering, add the cannabis bit by bit, stirring every time.
- Let the cannabis and ghee simmer for 1-1 ½ hours depending on the color (you'll see the ghee turn a greenish color, but be careful not to overcook it -- who likes wasted pot, right?)
- Strain your mix with cheesecloth and allow it to cool.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerate and use within 1-1 ½ weeks at the max.
*Double Boiler Method:
This method takes a little longer but eliminates the possibility of burning your ghee. Get two vessels of progressively bigger sizes. In the bigger vessel, pour enough water so that it's covering at least ½ an inch of the bottom of the vessel. Proceed to place the smaller vessel in the bigger one but make sure it doesn't overflow. Then place the double boiler over low heat. Stir the ghee constantly until it is melted. You have less chance of burning your ghee this way!
Note: After you've finished preparing your ghee, make sure you test its potency by consuming half a teaspoon at first and waiting for 1-1½ hours for the effects to kick in.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- Does Anyone Need Help Relieving Panic Attacks? - February 20, 2017
- How To Make Magical Cannabis Ketchup In 3 Easy Steps - February 19, 2017
- How To Make Perfect Cannabis-Infused Red Velvet Cupcakes - February 16, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 19 Dec, 2007
Recommended For You
From twaxing the tip of a joint to sprinkling some kief in your bowl, here are five ways to add concentrates to your bowl or joint.
Think you know everything about weed? Test your knowledge of cannabis urban legends by taking our quiz.
There are plenty of misconceptions about weed, which skew from inherited wives tales to universally accepted stereotypes.
American film producer Mitch Stein was abruptly detained and deported from New Zealand after authorities found him to be in possession of medical cannabis.
These six guys prove that not only can you smoke weed and be smart, you can smoke weed and be a straight-up bona fide genius.
After a year-long battle, South Africa has indicated that it intends to allow for the production of cannabis for medicinal purposes.
The citizen-led cannabis legalization activist group Safer Arizona has begun a petition drive that would place a legalization measure on the 2018 ballot.
Don't limit yourself and your love for cannabis. Instead, get out there and see all that the world has to offer, and get high while you're at it.