Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Cannaghee is the basis for many edibles and makes cannabis infusion fantastically quick and simple. This is a must-have for every marijuana chef!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients900g unsalted butter
28g of finely ground, premium grade cannabis
- Melt the butter in a pan at a low temperature so that the butter is hot enough to boil (or you can use the *double boiler method)
- Froth will start forming on the surface. Remove the froth with a spoon.
- Continue until no more froth appears. You will be left with less butter/ghee than you started out with.
- While the ghee is simmering, add the cannabis bit by bit, stirring every time.
- Let the cannabis and ghee simmer for 1-1 ½ hours depending on the color (you'll see the ghee turn a greenish color, but be careful not to overcook it -- who likes wasted pot, right?)
- Strain your mix with cheesecloth and allow it to cool.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerate and use within 1-1 ½ weeks at the max.
*Double Boiler Method:
This method takes a little longer but eliminates the possibility of burning your ghee. Get two vessels of progressively bigger sizes. In the bigger vessel, pour enough water so that it's covering at least ½ an inch of the bottom of the vessel. Proceed to place the smaller vessel in the bigger one but make sure it doesn't overflow. Then place the double boiler over low heat. Stir the ghee constantly until it is melted. You have less chance of burning your ghee this way!
Note: After you've finished preparing your ghee, make sure you test its potency by consuming half a teaspoon at first and waiting for 1-1½ hours for the effects to kick in.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- Adam Ill:Meet The Guy Getting Paid To Get Higher Than You - March 27, 2017
- Super Easy Cannabis-Infused Pancakes For A Delicious Wake N’ Bake - March 26, 2017
- Cannabis Will Soon Be Legalized In Holland (Well, Kind Of) - March 23, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 19 Dec, 2007
Recommended For You
The benefits of growing your own cannabis are many. Here are five reasons why you should home grow feminized cannabis seeds from Crop King Seeds.
In 2013, Deryn Blackwell was given three days to live. His mom kept fighting for him and discovered a treatment that would save her son's life: cannabis.
Who will be inducting one of the best rappers of all time into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? That honor goes to another rapper you know and love.
In what was a serious case of moonlighting, a British police inspector has lost his day job, after being charged with selling drugs stolen from raids.
If anyone thought that the new guy was out to "Make America Financially Stable again", the forecast isn't a bright one. This Daffy Donald is a lame duck.
As his twitter shoot out with Trump proved, you shouldn’t mess with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Now another troll has been called out.
Smoking out of a dirty bong, water pipe, or rig is a recipe for a lung infection. Here's how often you need to change your water and clean your piece.
Sometimes, you play the game. But, other times, the game plays you. The team at Watch Mojo found 10 video games that are basically just ads.