Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a garlic-herb compound butter made using cannabutter and a number of fresh herbs and seasonings. It goes particularly well with our Tomahawk Ribeye recipe.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup cannabutter
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor. To ensure even distribution, mix the butter for at least 1 to 2 minutes. If you use a food processor, be sure not to overmix (you don't want to heat the butter up too much).
- Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly. Put it in a freezer zip-top bag before storing it in the fridge or freezer. (If it's not properly stored, butter can absorb avors that may be lingering in your fridge or freezer.)
Cannabutters should not be heated to a high temperature, because a large percentage of the THC will evaporate, resulting in a bitter-tasting, minimally medicated edible. For cannabis-infused recipes, the compound cannabutters are usually added at the very end of a recipe, so there is little danger of them overheating.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Delicious, Cannabis-Infused Macho Nacho Cheese Dip - January 22, 2017
- Get Ready For Victory With This Powerful GameDay Sub-Sauce - January 20, 2017
- Pinene: The Powerful Terpene That Combats Paranoia And Asthma - January 19, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 12 Jun, 2011
Recommended For You
Current policy in Virginia in regards to cannabis is among the more stringent of the states that still criminalize the use of cannabis.
Curious about the effects of cannabis? To help introduce you to the herb, here's what you can expect the first time you partake.
The infamous Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was extradited to the United States from Mexico on Thursday, where he pleaded not guilty.
Humboldt Clothing Company wants to help you keep track of your lighter forever. Here's the perfect accessory for the job the Humboldt Lighter Buddy.
Although doctors recommend surgery to improve her chances of living, Jessica Olson went for a different approach: cannabis oil.
Unfortunately, male cannabis plants aren't often given the credit they deserve. Here's how to spot a male plant and what to do with the herb.
World traveler and expert hashishin Frenchy Cannoli wants to teach you how to make truly exceptional hash. Here's where to find him.
Watch this video to see Nick and Nate Diaz smoking a $2,000 UFC glove-shaped blunt. What will UFC have to say about this?