Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a garlic-herb compound butter made using cannabutter and a number of fresh herbs and seasonings. It goes particularly well with our Tomahawk Ribeye recipe.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup cannabutter
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor. To ensure even distribution, mix the butter for at least 1 to 2 minutes. If you use a food processor, be sure not to overmix (you don't want to heat the butter up too much).
- Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly. Put it in a freezer zip-top bag before storing it in the fridge or freezer. (If it's not properly stored, butter can absorb avors that may be lingering in your fridge or freezer.)
Cannabutters should not be heated to a high temperature, because a large percentage of the THC will evaporate, resulting in a bitter-tasting, minimally medicated edible. For cannabis-infused recipes, the compound cannabutters are usually added at the very end of a recipe, so there is little danger of them overheating.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Spinach Artichoke Dip - September 22, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Amazing Apple Pie - September 22, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Highness Hot Sauce - September 22, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 12 Jun, 2011
Recommended For You
Sometimes, you just want something chill. Not to sedative and not to energizing, this Sour Grape offers a nice balance between mind and body effects.
Edibles are known for the intense, full-body high they deliver. Rather than risk overmedicating, simply speed up the effects with one of these four options.
There are more and more ways to consume cannabis, which now includes sparkling water, meaning you can get elevated by drinking a refreshing beverage.
Police officers will now need to operate under new limits that were imposed by a new ruling from Massachusetts’ highest of court.
The University of Maryland’s pharmacy school has canceled classes that offered certifications in cultivation, assessment and laboratory standards.
A go-to appetizer for parties, this spinach artichoke dip has all the creamy-inside, brown-and-crispy-on-top texture and cheesy taste that you love.
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Not until you’ve gathered the essential cannabis ingredients and devices, to throw the perfect tailgate party.
There are trends for everything these days, including weed. The latest? Rolling rose petal blunts. Yes, this is a thing now.