Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a garlic-herb compound butter made using cannabutter and a number of fresh herbs and seasonings. It goes particularly well with our Tomahawk Ribeye recipe.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup cannabutter
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor. To ensure even distribution, mix the butter for at least 1 to 2 minutes. If you use a food processor, be sure not to overmix (you don't want to heat the butter up too much).
- Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly. Put it in a freezer zip-top bag before storing it in the fridge or freezer. (If it's not properly stored, butter can absorb avors that may be lingering in your fridge or freezer.)
Cannabutters should not be heated to a high temperature, because a large percentage of the THC will evaporate, resulting in a bitter-tasting, minimally medicated edible. For cannabis-infused recipes, the compound cannabutters are usually added at the very end of a recipe, so there is little danger of them overheating.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Bacon, Shrimp & Chicken Quesodillos - March 29, 2017
- Adam Ill:Meet The Guy Getting Paid To Get Higher Than You - March 27, 2017
- Super Easy Cannabis-Infused Pancakes For A Delicious Wake N’ Bake - March 26, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 12 Jun, 2011
Recommended For You
Smoking weed, is it as bad as cigarettes? The answer to this question might surprise you, though more research is still needed.
Are you tired of eating an entire pizza after a bong rip or two? You're in luck. These seven strains probably won't cause the munchies.
It’s an argument that’s older than most people, which is due to more than your taste buds, as there is one reason why Coke and Pepsi taste different.
The federal government is seeing a sharp rise in illegal cannabis shipments to our beloved nation's capital via the U.S. Postal Service.
With Nike’s 15 Years of SB Dunk campaign underway, Vice Sports joins in the celebration, with a documentary detailing their place in skateboarding.
From having to answer unexpected questions to staring at your high self, here are 15 pictures that will make any pot enthusiast say "true."
Prescription drugs with harmful side effects like "opiods" or "OxyContin" yielded results as normal, as did llicit drugs like, "heroin" and "meth".
A grinder will turn your beautiful buds into finer pieces, allowing you to get the most out of your vaporizer. Sounds pretty good, right?