Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a garlic-herb compound butter made using cannabutter and a number of fresh herbs and seasonings. It goes particularly well with our Tomahawk Ribeye recipe.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup cannabutter
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor. To ensure even distribution, mix the butter for at least 1 to 2 minutes. If you use a food processor, be sure not to overmix (you don't want to heat the butter up too much).
- Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly. Put it in a freezer zip-top bag before storing it in the fridge or freezer. (If it's not properly stored, butter can absorb avors that may be lingering in your fridge or freezer.)
Cannabutters should not be heated to a high temperature, because a large percentage of the THC will evaporate, resulting in a bitter-tasting, minimally medicated edible. For cannabis-infused recipes, the compound cannabutters are usually added at the very end of a recipe, so there is little danger of them overheating.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Magical Gummies - July 21, 2017
- Is This The Solution To The Las Vegas Cannabis Shortage? - July 17, 2017
- How To Make French Toast Blunts - July 15, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 12 Jun, 2011
Recommended For You
Seeking a calming strain for a rainy day? The sweet-scented Lavender is known for its mood boosting and relaxing qualities
Cannabis is very effective in treating many disorders, and it can have an overall therapeutic effect that vastly improves the lives of older weed smokers.
During a police stop in Washington, a driver was found to have 54 times the legal limit of THC in his system, say locals authorities.
Trying to lose weight? Science suggests that cannabis can help. Here's how THC promotes weight loss and which strains to try.
If you live in a typical household, chances are you’ll already have these seven household products, which will come in handy when toking.
Whether they’re selling coke, crack or smack, you have to wonder if dealers care about their customers once the transaction is over.
A major breakthrough has occurred in the decades-long fight against HIV/AIDS and it has to do with (you guessed it) cannabis.
What happens if concentrates sit around for a while? Users don't often discuss concentrate shelf life, but we all want to get the most out of our purchases.