Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a garlic-herb compound butter made using cannabutter and a number of fresh herbs and seasonings. It goes particularly well with our Tomahawk Ribeye recipe.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup cannabutter
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor. To ensure even distribution, mix the butter for at least 1 to 2 minutes. If you use a food processor, be sure not to overmix (you don't want to heat the butter up too much).
- Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly. Put it in a freezer zip-top bag before storing it in the fridge or freezer. (If it's not properly stored, butter can absorb avors that may be lingering in your fridge or freezer.)
Cannabutters should not be heated to a high temperature, because a large percentage of the THC will evaporate, resulting in a bitter-tasting, minimally medicated edible. For cannabis-infused recipes, the compound cannabutters are usually added at the very end of a recipe, so there is little danger of them overheating.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Magical Cannabis Ketchup In 3 Easy Steps - February 19, 2017
- How To Make Perfect Cannabis-Infused Red Velvet Cupcakes - February 16, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries - February 14, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 12 Jun, 2011
Recommended For You
Featuring up to 29% THC, the White is one of the strongest around. Buds from this strain are so crystal coated that they look frosty and glistening white.
Experts have found that animals also seek out a quick chemical high from plants, bugs and, well, wherever they can find it.
The cannabis and pregnancy conundrum continues. In one corner, the director of NIDA. In another, women barfing their brains out. Who wins?
After receiving a tip from the public, police discovered a massive cannabis farm. Probably the biggest residential grow you've ever seen.
The difference in outcomes for stoned drivers versus drunk drivers relates to the way stoned drivers act behind the wheel.
Ketchup is a condiment classic. Imagine the perfection of cannabis-infused ketchup with burgers and fries. Here's how you make cannabis ketchup at home.
With cannabis use on the rise globally, understanding what daily consumption does to the body is a pretty big subject area.
Wisdom teeth videos will never disappoint you. Not only do people say the craziest things, but they also have no idea what they are doing.