Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a popular method for cooking large batches of cannabutter. We recommend using finely ground buds for best results, but it’s fine to use whole leaves and stems.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter
1-ounce cannabis, dried, or 2 ounces trimmed leaf
- Fill a large stockpot halfway with water. Add the cannabis, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the butter and return to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 1 hour more. Cover the stockpot, remove from heat and allow to cool. To increase potency, repeat this process twice more, simmering for 1 hour and then cooling again.
- Once you've finished the third simmering session, prepare to strain the mixture while it's still hot (be careful!) Position your metal strainer over the second stockpot and carefully pour the cannabis, butter and water mixture through the strainer into the second stockpot. It's a good idea to complete this step in a sink to avoid the mess!
- Once you've completed emptying the first stockpot, use the back of a large spoon to push the marijuana against the strainer and squeeze out and excess butter. Throw the leftover cannabis in the compost.
- Now it's time to chill the mixture. This will separate the water from the cannabutter. If your stockpot is too large for your refrigerator, pour the cannabutter and water mixture into a container that is a better fit.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. The cannabutter will eventually rise to the top and solidify.
- The following day, separate the cannabutter from the water. Cut a chunk of cannabutter from the top and remove it from the cold water. Repeat this process until all the butter is laid out nicely on paper towels. Save the mushy butter (which has more water content) for a recipe such as weed brownies, where the excess water content isn't an issue.
- Now, melt the chunks of cannabutter over low heat in a large saucepan. Once the butter is liquid, pour it into storage containers. We recommend measuring out 1 cup of cannabutter and pouring it into glass jars. You now have a consistent supply of cannabutter to enjoy in your favorite recipes!
- You can also make Cannabutter at home easily and mess-free with the MagicalButter machine, which helps you create fantastic recipes, infusing cannabis easily into butter.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Magical Cannabis Ketchup In 3 Easy Steps - February 19, 2017
- How To Make Perfect Cannabis-Infused Red Velvet Cupcakes - February 16, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries - February 14, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 15 Nov, 2012
Recommended For You
Featuring up to 29% THC, the White is one of the strongest around. Buds from this strain are so crystal coated that they look frosty and glistening white.
Experts have found that animals also seek out a quick chemical high from plants, bugs and, well, wherever they can find it.
The cannabis and pregnancy conundrum continues. In one corner, the director of NIDA. In another, women barfing their brains out. Who wins?
After receiving a tip from the public, police discovered a massive cannabis farm. Probably the biggest residential grow you've ever seen.
The difference in outcomes for stoned drivers versus drunk drivers relates to the way stoned drivers act behind the wheel.
Ketchup is a condiment classic. Imagine the perfection of cannabis-infused ketchup with burgers and fries. Here's how you make cannabis ketchup at home.
With cannabis use on the rise globally, understanding what daily consumption does to the body is a pretty big subject area.
Wisdom teeth videos will never disappoint you. Not only do people say the craziest things, but they also have no idea what they are doing.