Matcha Sugar CookiesSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Matcha is a nutrient-rich powder made from green tea. It figures prominently in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. By itself, matcha is an acquired taste, but it pairs wonderfully with other flavors, especially in desserts.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
2 teaspoons matcha powder, divided
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) cannabutter, softened
1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons buttermilk, divided 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Decorations, such as colored dragées
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Have 2 cookie sheets handy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon in a large bowl), combine the unsalted butter, cannabutter, and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of the buttermilk. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap the ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Working with pieces of chilled dough, roll them between your palms into 1 1⁄2-inch balls and place them on the ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- With your palm, flatten the balls and brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk.
- Bake until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar with the milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder, stirring well so there are no lumps. Brush the glaze onto the cooled cookies and decorate.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- Adam Ill:Meet The Guy Getting Paid To Get Higher Than You - March 27, 2017
- Super Easy Cannabis-Infused Pancakes For A Delicious Wake N’ Bake - March 26, 2017
- Cannabis Will Soon Be Legalized In Holland (Well, Kind Of) - March 23, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 May, 2016
Recommended For You
Spain, that beautiful country that fills the mind with scenes of beauty and historic nostalgia. Here's a look at how much weed $20 can get you in Spain.
Whether you plan to spend these seven days by the beach or at some special event, there are a few spring break essentials you should carry along with you.
The low quality of cannabis provided by the federal pot farm to researchers may be impacting the results of their studies, according to experts.
To Adam iLL, cannabis is life. Here's what he has to say about getting paid to get high, and his advice on how to make it in the cannabis industry.
You could say that memes have replaced sarcasm as the lowest form of wit, but sometimes a meme can perfectly sum up what you're thinking.
Six years ago, Switzerland legalized low-potency cannabis, allowing adults to use strains with less than 1% THC. And now business is booming.
Whether it's just you and your ganja, or with a bunch of your homies, you'll have the time of your life at these epic Spring Break destinations.
There's inspiration everywhere, from movies to fruit - as Mykey O'Halloran proves with his epic hair sculpture creations – all done for charity, no less.