Matcha Sugar CookiesSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Matcha is a nutrient-rich powder made from green tea. It figures prominently in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. By itself, matcha is an acquired taste, but it pairs wonderfully with other flavors, especially in desserts.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
2 teaspoons matcha powder, divided
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) cannabutter, softened
1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons buttermilk, divided 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Decorations, such as colored dragées
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Have 2 cookie sheets handy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon in a large bowl), combine the unsalted butter, cannabutter, and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of the buttermilk. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap the ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Working with pieces of chilled dough, roll them between your palms into 1 1⁄2-inch balls and place them on the ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- With your palm, flatten the balls and brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk.
- Bake until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar with the milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder, stirring well so there are no lumps. Brush the glaze onto the cooled cookies and decorate.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 5 Things To Look For In A Cannabis Marketing Agency - June 20, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Tuscan Garlic Lemon Chicken Pasta - June 20, 2017
- 5 Things You Should Know About CBD - June 17, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 May, 2016
Recommended For You
Hoping to spice up your love life? Atomic Northern Lights is your bud. You might want to duck for cover 'cause this strain is the bomb.
While you probably won’t be inviting them over to smoke with you, a growing number of cops across America want cannabis legalized.
Three-second hits give your lungs time to transport those sweet cannabinoids to your blood stream and prevent your brain being starved of oxygen.
Early evidence suggests that cannabis may be beneficial for both the autoimmune and type 2 diabetes. These seven strains are a good place to start.
Have you heard of the endocannabinoid system? Here's the scoop on 2-Arachidonoylglycerol, the neurotransmitter no one ever talks about.
Not only did Miley blame her love for nipple pasties on pot, but also her lack of passion towards her music in the past. So is she against it or what?
So how do you resist the temptation to indulge yourself once the munchies hit you might ask? Here are six tips that should help.
If you’ve ever tried to stop smoking cigarettes, you’ve most likely experienced the discomfort of nicotine withdrawal. Turns out, CBD can help.