Matcha Sugar CookiesSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Matcha is a nutrient-rich powder made from green tea. It figures prominently in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. By itself, matcha is an acquired taste, but it pairs wonderfully with other flavors, especially in desserts.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
2 teaspoons matcha powder, divided
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) cannabutter, softened
1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons buttermilk, divided 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Decorations, such as colored dragées
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Have 2 cookie sheets handy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon in a large bowl), combine the unsalted butter, cannabutter, and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of the buttermilk. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap the ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Working with pieces of chilled dough, roll them between your palms into 1 1⁄2-inch balls and place them on the ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- With your palm, flatten the balls and brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk.
- Bake until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar with the milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder, stirring well so there are no lumps. Brush the glaze onto the cooled cookies and decorate.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make MagicalButter - April 20, 2017
- Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money The Mobile Game Is Now Live - April 20, 2017
- The Worlds First Quartz Chamber Dry Herb Vaporizer Is Here - April 19, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 May, 2016
Recommended For You
Have you ever wondered what happens if you just keep smoking weed? Turns out, you'll get really high. To a point, anyway.
Which countries smoke the most weed? It's probably not who you think. New data from the United Nations is putting all of our assumptions to shame.
CNN's Anderson Cooper put together some of the best "pot-centric" 911 calls for The Ridiculist, so here's what not to do when you're elevated.
While Conan O'Brien may not be the biggest pothead around, he doesn't mind hanging out with them and sharing a toke here and there.
Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said on April 18 that the Trump Administration would use cannabis possession as a reason for deporting immigrants.
Check out what the experts think about the alcohol industries future in a country that is turning green quickly.
From wasting hours on YouTube to engaging in deep conversation, here are 26 things that probably happened when you get too stoned.
The Selmeskis decided to move all the way across the country to Colorado with hopes that cannabis would give Maggie a second shot at life.