Matcha Sugar CookiesSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Matcha is a nutrient-rich powder made from green tea. It figures prominently in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. By itself, matcha is an acquired taste, but it pairs wonderfully with other flavors, especially in desserts.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
2 teaspoons matcha powder, divided
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) cannabutter, softened
1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons buttermilk, divided 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Decorations, such as colored dragées
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Have 2 cookie sheets handy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon in a large bowl), combine the unsalted butter, cannabutter, and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of the buttermilk. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap the ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Working with pieces of chilled dough, roll them between your palms into 1 1⁄2-inch balls and place them on the ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- With your palm, flatten the balls and brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk.
- Bake until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar with the milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of the matcha powder, stirring well so there are no lumps. Brush the glaze onto the cooled cookies and decorate.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Italian Limoncello In Your MagicalButter Machine - May 17, 2017
- How To Make Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats - May 7, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Fresh Berry Parfait - April 28, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 May, 2016
Recommended For You
How many times have you tried Pineapple Express? This tropical strain provides an energizing high with a delightful sense of bodily relaxation.
A small study just found that medical cannabis patients showed improvement in cognitive functioning after three months of treatment.
If you’ve been using cannabis for a long time, you may find yourself having to smoke more weed to get a buzz, as your tolerance is too high.
Are you trying to help a loved one get started with medical cannabis? Here are the top five products that every cannabis caregiver should know about.
Since last week's episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians came on, people are losing their minds. It turns out, everyone's favorite sister may like pot.
There will be a study at Washington State University that will pay people to smoke weed and get high, and they need volunteers.
Need to pass a drug test? Unfortunately, cannabis can be difficult to clear from your system. Here are some handy products that might help.
Would you hazard a guess as to what Canadians are paying for their weed? The price discrepancies in different regions might surprise you.