Nachos With Cheddar Cheese SauceSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Back in the day, we made nachos with shredded cheese. It got the job done, but once we started using this cheddar cheese sauce, we’ve never looked back!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
3 cups tortilla chips
3 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
3 tablespoons all-purpose our
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup (whole or 2 percent) milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the chips on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chips to a serving platter.
- Top with the green onions and tomato.
- Pour the cheese sauce over chips and serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over low heat. Whisk in the our, salt, and white pepper and cook for several minutes, stirring, to remove the raw our taste.
- Slowly pour in the milk and cream, stirring constantly; this ensures a smooth and creamy consistency. Once the milk and cream have been added, add the cream cheese in three or four pieces, whisking between each addition.
- Continue to cook the sauce over medium-low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar a 1⁄2 cup at a time, whisking between each addition, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the nutmeg, and serve immediately.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 5 Things To Look For In A Cannabis Marketing Agency - June 20, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Tuscan Garlic Lemon Chicken Pasta - June 20, 2017
- 5 Things You Should Know About CBD - June 17, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 3 Feb, 2016
Recommended For You
The world of concentrates is complex, especially due to their potency. If you have a low tolerance, or smoke very casually, should you smoke concentrates?
Did you know that THC affects you differently as you get older? Early research suggests that cannabis is better for you as you age.
Whether you're looking for someone to smoke with or need to improve your joint rolling skills, YouTube - and these YouTubers have - your back.
Despite the legislative and cultural strides cannabis has made in recent years, the U.S. still has a long way to go to allow full access to its citizens.
From Snoop to Jeff Sessions (who definitely didn't partake), all these people have some famous quotes about your favorite herb.
From having lithium and cocaine as ingredients to being the byproduct of Nazi Germany, here are 10 strange facts about sodas you probably didn't know.
Can chewing gum help America tackle the increasing opioid addiction? AXIM Biotechnologies, Inc. thinks yes, it can. They've just filed a patent to prove it.
CBD oil continues to grow in popularity, and the guidelines concerning its uses, benefits, and most importantly dosage remain real questions.