Nachos With Cheddar Cheese SauceSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Back in the day, we made nachos with shredded cheese. It got the job done, but once we started using this cheddar cheese sauce, we’ve never looked back!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
3 cups tortilla chips
3 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
3 tablespoons all-purpose our
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup (whole or 2 percent) milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the chips on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chips to a serving platter.
- Top with the green onions and tomato.
- Pour the cheese sauce over chips and serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over low heat. Whisk in the our, salt, and white pepper and cook for several minutes, stirring, to remove the raw our taste.
- Slowly pour in the milk and cream, stirring constantly; this ensures a smooth and creamy consistency. Once the milk and cream have been added, add the cream cheese in three or four pieces, whisking between each addition.
- Continue to cook the sauce over medium-low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar a 1⁄2 cup at a time, whisking between each addition, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the nutmeg, and serve immediately.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- Get Ready For Victory With This Powerful GameDay Sub-Sauce - January 20, 2017
- Pinene: The Powerful Terpene That Combats Paranoia And Asthma - January 19, 2017
- The Ultimate Dip: Seven Layer Cannabis-Infused Taco Dip - January 17, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 3 Feb, 2016
Recommended For You
The DEA's controversial cannabis eradication program is being met with resistance from both policy makers and pro-cannabis activists.
It's no secret that cannabis can relieve anxiety. As it turns out, medical cannabis may also have a strong calming effect on your bundle of fur.
Black Cherry Soda is a one-of-a-kind hybrid. Mysterious in origin, this strain features deep purple coloration and a mouthwatering fruity taste.
How do you tell separate the best vapes from the worst? We've put together the ultimate vape buyers guide, complete with some options.
There are several ways patients often incorporate cannabis into cancer regimens. But, does cannabis help or hinder chemotherapy treatment?
After turning to Facebook to purchase her cannabis, this woman never received her weed and decided to call the cops to complain. Facepalm much?
The organization that fought for legal recreational cannabis in Washington DC had a very busy morning before Trump's inauguration with #Trump420.
President Obama commuted more sentences in a single day and under a single presidency than any other chief executive in American history.