Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Chef Blaine Alexandr from My 420 Tours takes you through the creation of Phoenix Tears, a cannabis tincture made with grain alcohol.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 sturdy, heatproof glass jars with lids (i.e. Mason jars)
1 small jar
Large coffee filter
Electric Stove - NOT gas!
Grain alcohol (enough to cover the ground weed, plus an inch). For example, Everclear
1/2 oz (14g) of high-grade, 20%+ THC cannabis
- Break down the cannabis with pestle in the sturdy glass jar
- Pour the grain alcohol on the cannabis, adding an additional inch of liquid on top
- Decarboxylate the cannabis by heating the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Cover jar with a lid
- Store in a dark place for 72 hours
- Remove the lid from the jar
- Heat the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Slowly pour the liquid through the coffee filter into the second jar
- Squeeze the remnants out of the coffee filter
- Drive off the excess liquid by placing the jar into the large pot of water and heating on a Medium-Low heat (rolling bubble or simmer) for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Pour into a smaller jar and continue to evaporate the remaining liquid in the simmering pot
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 5 Things To Look For In A Cannabis Marketing Agency - June 20, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Tuscan Garlic Lemon Chicken Pasta - June 20, 2017
- 5 Things You Should Know About CBD - June 17, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 11 Aug, 2013
Recommended For You
The world of concentrates is complex, especially due to their potency. If you have a low tolerance, or smoke very casually, should you smoke concentrates?
Did you know that THC affects you differently as you get older? Early research suggests that cannabis is better for you as you age.
Whether you're looking for someone to smoke with or need to improve your joint rolling skills, YouTube - and these YouTubers have - your back.
Despite the legislative and cultural strides cannabis has made in recent years, the U.S. still has a long way to go to allow full access to its citizens.
From Snoop to Jeff Sessions (who definitely didn't partake), all these people have some famous quotes about your favorite herb.
From having lithium and cocaine as ingredients to being the byproduct of Nazi Germany, here are 10 strange facts about sodas you probably didn't know.
Can chewing gum help America tackle the increasing opioid addiction? AXIM Biotechnologies, Inc. thinks yes, it can. They've just filed a patent to prove it.
CBD oil continues to grow in popularity, and the guidelines concerning its uses, benefits, and most importantly dosage remain real questions.