Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Chef Blaine Alexandr from My 420 Tours takes you through the creation of Phoenix Tears, a cannabis tincture made with grain alcohol.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 sturdy, heatproof glass jars with lids (i.e. Mason jars)
1 small jar
Large coffee filter
Electric Stove - NOT gas!
Grain alcohol (enough to cover the ground weed, plus an inch). For example, Everclear
1/2 oz (14g) of high-grade, 20%+ THC cannabis
- Break down the cannabis with pestle in the sturdy glass jar
- Pour the grain alcohol on the cannabis, adding an additional inch of liquid on top
- Decarboxylate the cannabis by heating the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Cover jar with a lid
- Store in a dark place for 72 hours
- Remove the lid from the jar
- Heat the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Slowly pour the liquid through the coffee filter into the second jar
- Squeeze the remnants out of the coffee filter
- Drive off the excess liquid by placing the jar into the large pot of water and heating on a Medium-Low heat (rolling bubble or simmer) for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Pour into a smaller jar and continue to evaporate the remaining liquid in the simmering pot
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 7 Surprising Things You Can Safely Vape Besides Weed - August 17, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Pizza Cones - August 10, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Powerhouse Pizza Bites - August 4, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 11 Aug, 2013
Recommended For You
It doesn't get much higher than this: Wikileaf has launched the first in-flight cannabis commercial with a major airline in the United States.
Centrexion Therapeutics Corp. is following in the tradition of other drugmakers who’ve created synthetic versions of natural analgesics such as THC.
While the medical cannabis industry is booming in the United States, it’s Europe that’s had the most growth. Will this trend continue?
Vaping is not only the best alternative to smoking, but it is also a great way to explore new flavors and enjoy unique buzz every time.
After attempting to classify CBD as a Schedule I controlled substance last year, the feds seem to finally be coming onboard.
For those who are all about the little things in life, here are eight tiny pot products that are so random, yet so adorable.
In some serious need of a mood uplift? Mango Kush is an evening flower known for inspiring big smiles and plenty of laughter.
If you're ready to plan the ultimate 420 night in with your partner, then here are six things you need to make it extra special.