FORMERLYTHE STONER'S COOKBOOK
Quick Quinoa Buddha BowlSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is the perfect low-maintenance recipe for busy weeknights, quick lunches, or even for a fridge cleanout meal
GET OUR MUST HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsThis is the perfect low-maintenance recipe for busy weeknights, quick lunches, or even for a fridge cleanout meal, as any mix of veggies will taste great in this versatile dish. Filled with plant-based protein, nutrient-dense ingredients and cannabis infused extra-virgin olive oil, this fuss-free Buddha bowl will leave you feeling pleasantly nourished and happily uplifted in no time!
½ cup quinoa, rinsed
1 ½ cup water or veggie broth
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive CannaOil
¼ cup broccoli, frozen or fresh
¼ cup peas, frozen
2 cups rough chopped kale leaves, or spinach leaves (or combine both)
¼ cup fresh asparagus, cut on a bias into 1-inch long pieces
½ cup chickpeas, rinsed
½ cup organic crushed tomatoes with basil (or your favorite marinara/pasta sauce or dressing)
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp ginger (optional, or add another spice to change up the flavors- curry powder, turmeric, thyme, etc.)
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp hemp seeds or toasted pepitas
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Optional Add-ins: ½ cup sliced tempeh or other veggie meat, sliced button mushrooms, shaved carrot, or 3 tbsp Daiya jack style cheese and 2 tbsp Hempseed Parmesan for a cream-style sauce.
- Combine the quinoa and water or broth in a medium pot over medium-high heat with a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil for a few seconds, then cover and reduce the heat to a low simmer (med-low) for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, veggies, greens, crushed tomatoes or sauce of your choice, 2 tablespoons CannaOil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, seeds, spices, and another pinch of sea salt with cracked black pepper. Cover and cook for 5-10 more minutes, taking care not to scorch the bottom (add a few more tablespoons of water if needed), until the quinoa can be fluffed with a fork and is not crunchy when tasted.
- Once the quinoa is cooked drizzle in the remaining tablespoon of CannaOil and stir to combine all ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with a few hemp seeds or a few teaspoons of Hempseed Parmesan and enjoy!
*Dose Wisely: The CannaOil amount in this recipe is a suggestion, and is highly variable depending on the strength of your CannaOil and the potency you are going for. Use this amount as a guideline to figure out the right amount for your situation. The best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of your meal, wait an hour, see how you feel, then snack on more if it feels right. Listen to your body! Make smart dosing choices and munch wisely!
Do you have a recipe you'd like to see on HERB? Send us your idea!SHARE
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- Our Hot & Herbal Fudge Sundae Will Melt Your Monday Blues - July 25, 2016
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Hydroponics - July 23, 2016
- How Bong Rips Can Help You Run 200 Miles - July 20, 2016
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How much do you know about delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC?
- 23 Nov, 2012
Did you know that both sexes experience cannabis in different ways? Turns out, THC and your hormones interact quite a bit.
Over the course of the campaign, Hillary Clinton has offered encouraging glimpses into how she would tackle cannabis policy.
Lil Wayne stormed off stage at the High Times gig. Let's face it, bright lights burn out the fastest, and maybe this burnout simply can't keep his mic up.
Are you a get-up and go kinda smoker, or are you couch-locked? Maybe you don't care what you're doing so long as you're eating. Take our quiz and find out.
Cannabis advocate and vocal critic of the failed global war on drugs, Richard Branson, shared some forward-thinking parenting advice this week.
Recommended For You
We know that cannabis stimulates appetite, and recent research has some interesting things to say about cannabis and anorexia.
Contrary to the claims made by alarmists, statistically, you're more likely to be being poisoned by crayons than by cannabis.
A new study by Headset Inc., a cannabis intelligence firm, took an in-depth look at the average user to discover who smokes the most weed.
This ultimate guide to how cannabis affects pregnancy summarizes each of our articles and tells you where to find more information over 8 separate articles.
National Cheesecake day is July 30th, so how could we not share some of the tastiest strains that guarantee satisfaction?
Hemp root has been helping our ancestors for millions of years in a variety of ways. If only we had their insight. Wait, it's not too late!
Could this new $1 Cheeto Burrito from Taco Bell be the best Mexican-style munchie in America (well, in Cincinnati only for now)?
The "Game, Blouses" skit from the Chappelle's Show, raised eyebrows because no one could ever imagine Prince playing ball.