Quick Quinoa Buddha BowlSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is the perfect low-maintenance recipe for busy weeknights, quick lunches, or even for a fridge cleanout meal
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsThis is the perfect low-maintenance recipe for busy weeknights, quick lunches, or even for a fridge cleanout meal, as any mix of veggies will taste great in this versatile dish. Filled with plant-based protein, nutrient-dense ingredients and cannabis infused extra-virgin olive oil, this fuss-free Buddha bowl will leave you feeling pleasantly nourished and happily uplifted in no time!
½ cup quinoa, rinsed
1 ½ cup water or veggie broth
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive CannaOil
¼ cup broccoli, frozen or fresh
¼ cup peas, frozen
2 cups rough chopped kale leaves, or spinach leaves (or combine both)
¼ cup fresh asparagus, cut on a bias into 1-inch long pieces
½ cup chickpeas, rinsed
½ cup organic crushed tomatoes with basil (or your favorite marinara/pasta sauce or dressing)
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp ginger (optional, or add another spice to change up the flavors- curry powder, turmeric, thyme, etc.)
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp hemp seeds or toasted pepitas
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Optional Add-ins: ½ cup sliced tempeh or other veggie meat, sliced button mushrooms, shaved carrot, or 3 tbsp Daiya jack style cheese and 2 tbsp Hempseed Parmesan for a cream-style sauce.
- Combine the quinoa and water or broth in a medium pot over medium-high heat with a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil for a few seconds, then cover and reduce the heat to a low simmer (med-low) for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, veggies, greens, crushed tomatoes or sauce of your choice, 2 tablespoons CannaOil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, seeds, spices, and another pinch of sea salt with cracked black pepper. Cover and cook for 5-10 more minutes, taking care not to scorch the bottom (add a few more tablespoons of water if needed), until the quinoa can be fluffed with a fork and is not crunchy when tasted.
- Once the quinoa is cooked drizzle in the remaining tablespoon of CannaOil and stir to combine all ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with a few hemp seeds or a few teaspoons of Hempseed Parmesan and enjoy!
*Dose Wisely: The CannaOil amount in this recipe is a suggestion, and is highly variable depending on the strength of your CannaOil and the potency you are going for. Use this amount as a guideline to figure out the right amount for your situation. The best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of your meal, wait an hour, see how you feel, then snack on more if it feels right. Listen to your body! Make smart dosing choices and munch wisely!
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Delicious Cannabis-Infused Pizza By The Scoop - February 26, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Crawlin Crab Dip - February 24, 2017
- Does Anyone Need Help Relieving Panic Attacks? - February 20, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 23 Nov, 2012
Recommended For You
From authors to Egyptian royalty, there are some pretty powerful ladies whose relationship with ganja dates back as far as the 12th century.
The pro-cannabis activist group spoke to HERB on the future of cannabis legalization just months after a painful loss at the ballot box.
Have you ever wanted to dab CBD? One company has made it possible, and their CBD Wax is available to everyone in the US via online order.
Farmers in Europe, Canada, and China all grow hemp and over $600 million in imported hemp products were sold in the USA in 2016.
Everyone cannabis-lover knows that it's easy to be forgetful after a little cannabis. But, is there a way to prevent memory loss caused by the herb?
Searching for a fast and discrete way to smoke? Clean, discrete, and easy slip into a pocket or a purse, the EZ Pipe is the perfect tool.
Apparently, the government is in need of cannabis couriers to transport weed seized by U.S. Border Patrol from near the Mexican border.
Successful and savvy women are increasingly opting for cannabis over cocktails. Happy hours are becoming high hours as they trade in booze for buds.