Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
The tomahawk rib eye (also called a cowboy rib eye) is a rib steak with the entire rib bone left intact. The bone is trimmed of meat and fat, making for an impressive presentation
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 (18-ounce) bone-in cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices.
- Top with cannabutter.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How to Make Cannabis-Infused Lime, White Chocolate, Macadamia Cookies - March 22, 2017
- 5 Tips For A Smooth Transition From Smoking To Vaping - March 20, 2017
- 7 Ways Cannabis Can Help Get Your Life Back On Track - March 20, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Sep, 2006
Recommended For You
During his morning radio show, Steve Harvey let everyone know how he feels about Snoop's “Lavender.”
With a name that sounds like a secret weapon from a B movie, the San Diego Police Department have unveiled the Drager 5000 to catch stoned drivers.
SunRocks and MoonRocks may be the hottest new cannabis products right now. But, which one is more potent? Here's the scoop on the strongest buds around.
Clinical trials of cannabis for digestive disorders are sorely needed. But, when it comes to these three conditions, research is promising.
Have you ever seen pink cannabis? Yes, it's real! Two primary reasons why cannabis turns pink: genetics and environment. Here's how.
Looking for a little help getting in the mood? Plushberry is a sexy indica that produces plenty of calm, relaxed vibes. Enjoy.
Just a few years ago, one could never imagine the upper class toking on a bit of ganja. But now, the people of NYC cannot get enough.
As you get older, it gets harder to get over a night of drinking. By choosing weed over booze, you can still get a nice buzz without paying for it later.