Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
The tomahawk rib eye (also called a cowboy rib eye) is a rib steak with the entire rib bone left intact. The bone is trimmed of meat and fat, making for an impressive presentation
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 (18-ounce) bone-in cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices.
- Top with cannabutter.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make MagicalButter - April 20, 2017
- Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money The Mobile Game Is Now Live - April 20, 2017
- The Worlds First Quartz Chamber Dry Herb Vaporizer Is Here - April 19, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Sep, 2006
Recommended For You
Do you take any of these nine types of prescription medications? If you're feeling weird when you consume cannabis, this could be why.
Sometimes THC can be a little aggravating to those suffering from anxiety. Fortunately, high CBD strains contains potent anxiolytic properties.
In celebration of Earth Day, here are 7 ways you can make your grow more sustainable to protect the environment - and save money!
If you're in the market for a new smoking device that's a little different, why not try one of these unusual pipes and bongs.
If you want to a chance to be featured in our weekly top 10, include the hashtag #HERBWeedPorn on your next cannabis post on Instagram.
Adulting is stressful. Cannabis helps destress you. Cannabis is great! Here are six perfect pairings of weed and activities that chill you the fuck out.
It's the biggest week of the year for cannabis. But who, exactly, are today's biggest consumers of the herb? Prepare to abandon stereotypes.
For decades, unregulated and illicit cannabis cultivation meant harvesting crops in forests, parks and remote areas that are singled out for preservation.