Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
The tomahawk rib eye (also called a cowboy rib eye) is a rib steak with the entire rib bone left intact. The bone is trimmed of meat and fat, making for an impressive presentation
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 (18-ounce) bone-in cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices.
- Top with cannabutter.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- 5 Things To Look For In A Cannabis Marketing Agency - June 20, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Tuscan Garlic Lemon Chicken Pasta - June 20, 2017
- 5 Things You Should Know About CBD - June 17, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Sep, 2006
Recommended For You
How much weed is too much weed? A recently conducted academic study published by the Journal of Alcohol and Drug Dependence claims to have the answer.
Given Las Vegas’ novelty culture, these classes seem tailor-made for the valley. One organization is becoming the gold-standard for weed tourists.
If you're looking to beat the heat the best way possible, then here are seven reasons why ice bongs will be the "hit" of your summer.
The cannabis lobby took a bit hit yesterday when it was announced that PNC Bank will close the bank accounts of the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).
If you're one of the pot smoking princesses out there, that knows what she's doing, then here are 7 things you're probably tired of hearing.
Is addiction a disease? A psychological problem? A chemical dependency? And can you use cannabis to help treat addiction?
Put your love for ganja to the ultimate test, and join Haley420 to take on 100 hits of weed. And yes, it's going to get you super stoned.
Searching for a strain that will boost your productivity? Look no further than the friendly yet strong Island Sweet Skunk.