Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
The tomahawk rib eye (also called a cowboy rib eye) is a rib steak with the entire rib bone left intact. The bone is trimmed of meat and fat, making for an impressive presentation
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 (18-ounce) bone-in cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices.
- Top with cannabutter.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Delicious, Cannabis-Infused Macho Nacho Cheese Dip - January 22, 2017
- Get Ready For Victory With This Powerful GameDay Sub-Sauce - January 20, 2017
- Pinene: The Powerful Terpene That Combats Paranoia And Asthma - January 19, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Sep, 2006
Recommended For You
Current policy in Virginia in regards to cannabis is among the more stringent of the states that still criminalize the use of cannabis.
Curious about the effects of cannabis? To help introduce you to the herb, here's what you can expect the first time you partake.
The infamous Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was extradited to the United States from Mexico on Thursday, where he pleaded not guilty.
Humboldt Clothing Company wants to help you keep track of your lighter forever. Here's the perfect accessory for the job the Humboldt Lighter Buddy.
Although doctors recommend surgery to improve her chances of living, Jessica Olson went for a different approach: cannabis oil.
Unfortunately, male cannabis plants aren't often given the credit they deserve. Here's how to spot a male plant and what to do with the herb.
World traveler and expert hashishin Frenchy Cannoli wants to teach you how to make truly exceptional hash. Here's where to find him.
Watch this video to see Nick and Nate Diaz smoking a $2,000 UFC glove-shaped blunt. What will UFC have to say about this?