Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
The tomahawk rib eye (also called a cowboy rib eye) is a rib steak with the entire rib bone left intact. The bone is trimmed of meat and fat, making for an impressive presentation
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 (18-ounce) bone-in cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices.
- Top with cannabutter.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Italian Limoncello In Your MagicalButter Machine - May 17, 2017
- How To Make Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats - May 7, 2017
- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Fresh Berry Parfait - April 28, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 21 Sep, 2006
Recommended For You
How many times have you tried Pineapple Express? This tropical strain provides an energizing high with a delightful sense of bodily relaxation.
A small study just found that medical cannabis patients showed improvement in cognitive functioning after three months of treatment.
If you’ve been using cannabis for a long time, you may find yourself having to smoke more weed to get a buzz, as your tolerance is too high.
Are you trying to help a loved one get started with medical cannabis? Here are the top five products that every cannabis caregiver should know about.
Since last week's episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians came on, people are losing their minds. It turns out, everyone's favorite sister may like pot.
There will be a study at Washington State University that will pay people to smoke weed and get high, and they need volunteers.
Need to pass a drug test? Unfortunately, cannabis can be difficult to clear from your system. Here are some handy products that might help.
Would you hazard a guess as to what Canadians are paying for their weed? The price discrepancies in different regions might surprise you.