One of the best-kept secrets in the fruit world is that avocados are “berry nutritious”. That’s right, everyone who found it amazing that tomatoes, eggplants, and avocados are fruits and not vegetables will be blown away to learn that scientists classify them, but not strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries – as berries!
The many health benefits of avocados
Regardless, the avocado is a true superfood. Just one 3.5-ounce/100 g serving of this delicious fruit packs a potent punch of vital nutrients, including Vitamins C, K, B5, B6, B9, and E, as well as more potassium than another famous berry, the banana.
All this comes with 160 calories, 2 grams of protein, and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber; so there are only 2 net carbs per serving, making the avocado a low-carb food.
Go easy, though, as avocados are also the highest-calorie fruit, thanks to their high fat content. But don’t let that scare you. Most of it is oleic acid, the potent anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer monounsaturated fatty acid that gives olive oil its heart-healthy appeal.
As such, eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The healthy fats they contain satisfy the appetite better than carbs or protein, and they can also help you absorb nutrients from other plant foods.
Even more compelling than all the toothsome facts about avocados is the scrumptious flavor they provide to this robust Rockin’ Guac recipe! A smooth and delicious blend of avocado, citrus juices, chili peppers, and herbaceous flavors combine to make this Magical Mexican treat. Great on nachos, tacos, snack crackers, chips…or by the spoonful!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cycle time: about 6 minutes
- Serving size: ⅓-½ cup/80-120 ml
- Yield: about 4 cups/960 ml
- ⅓-½ cup/80-120 ml Magical Coconut Oil
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 5-8 cloves garlic
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 2-3 jalapeños
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients except avocados inside your MagicalButter machine, and close the lid. Then select the Blend/Clean cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove the head of the machine, and pour about ⅓ of the mixture into a storage container to save for future use.
- Add the avocados, close the lid, and again select the Blend/Clean cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, you’re ready to dip into a smooth, delicious Rockin’ Guac that’s sure to elevate any occasion! Enjoy!
- RELATED: For dozens more awesome cannabis recipes, how-to videos, and how to get your own botanical extractor for making herbal goodies, check out MagicalButter.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Garyn Angel is an inventor, award-winning financial consultant, and CEO of MagicalButter.com. His company makes the botanical extractor he invented for infusing cannabis into foods and lotions. Angel is committed to cannabis law reform and was named to the CNBC NEXT List of visionary global business leaders for his work on legal marijuana. He is also founder of the Cheers to Goodness Foundation, a charity that helps “medical refugees”—mainly veterans and children—who need cannabis therapy when traditional treatment options have failed.SHARE