There’s something really special about soup. Its warmth has a way of making you feel like it’s hugging your whole body from the inside out. You probably have a special memory of your favorite soup or the way it makes you feel. The best part about this particular dish from MagicalButter.com executive chef Joey Galeano is that it combines all the familiar healthy aspects of cream of asparagus soup with the cancer-fighting comfort of cannabis.
Lean, green nutritious machine!
If you couldn’t tell from the natural healthy green glow of asparagus, this veggie rocks! It is packed with antioxidants and nutrients and contains plenty of vitamins A, C, E, and K, plus the fiber your body needs. Asparagus is also ready to take the fight to cancerous cells.
According to Eating Well, a magazine that homes in on health, food, and wellness, asparagus is “a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals.
This is why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast, colon, larynx and lung cancers.”
Cannabis counts as another powerful cancer-fighting agent in this dish. The herb has been legalized medicinally in many states for people with various forms of the disease.
Powerful cannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), cannabichromene (CBC), and cannabigerol (CBG) aid in both killing and neutralizing the growth and spreading of cancerous cells.
This recipe uses MagicalButter – super simple to make in an MB botanical extractor, which was designed for the purpose. The world’s first countertop device for making herbal infused foods takes all the guesswork out of making your own medibles at home.
It’s safe, reliable, easy to use, and sure to get you well on your way to your perfect bowl of soup.
Enjoy the recipe, and be sure to SHARE your magical experience with your friends and family!
Cream of Asparagus Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serving size: 1 cup/240 ml
Yield: About 6 cups/1425 ml
- 6 tablespoons/180 ml MagicalButter, melted
- 2 cups/480 ml homemade chicken stock
- 12 ounces/340 g fresh asparagus, rinsed
- ½ cup/120 ml heavy cream
- ¼ cup/60 ml shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml finely grated Parmesan, garnish
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml salt
- ⅛ teaspoon/⅔ ml ground white pepper
- 1 leek, white part only, well rinsed, chopped
- Cut 1 inch off the ends of the asparagus and discard. Cut off the tips of the spears, and set them aside. Chop the rest of the asparagus spears into 3 segments.
- Place the ingredients in your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Pour your Cream of Asparagus Soup into a serving bowl, garnish, and enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Garyn Angel is an inventor, award-winning financial consultant, and CEO of MagicalButter.com, maker of the botanical extractor he invented for infusing cannabis into foods. Firmly committed to necessary law reform, Angel was named to the exclusive CNBC NEXT List of visionary global business leaders for his work on legal marijuana. He is also founder of the Cheers to Goodness Foundation, a charity that helps “medical refugees”—mainly veterans and children—who need herbal therapy when traditional treatment options have failed.SHARE