These delicious Washington Potato Skins are the perfect appetizer to any meal. Just wait until you try this cannabis-infused recipe.
Washington Potato Skins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serving size: 1-2 potato skins
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup Magical Butter, divided in half, melted
- 5 large red skin potatoes
- 10 strips, thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- ½ cup salsa, we recommend Slammin’ Salsa
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the potatoes lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, assemble all of your toppings. In a bowl, add sour cream, 4 tablespoons of butter, salt, and pepper, and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Using your Love Glove to handle the hot potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise.
- Take a teaspoon, and scoop the flesh from the middle of the potato, leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh. (Save the scooped potatoes for another use, like potato pancakes or soup.)
- Return the potatoes halves to the baking sheet, put 1 teaspoon of melted butter into the center of the potatoes, and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cheese, and cook for 7 minutes. The cheese should be bubbling.
- When the cooking is complete, take your skins out of the oven and assemble.
- Begin with the bacon, then spoon a teaspoon or so of sour cream on each top with some salsa, hot sauce and sprinkle a little of the scallions over the plate.
- Serve your Washington Potato Skins with sour cream and salsa.