Red Velvet Cupcakes are the mini version of the classic Red Velvet Cake, and one of the more popular offerings in bakeries all across the world. Whip up a batch any time of the year for your sweetheart.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Yield: 6 cupcakes
- ¾ cup MagicalButter, clarified
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted MagicalButter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup strawberries, freeze-dried, finely chopped
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all the cake ingredients using a whisk or hand mixer.
- Pour the mix evenly into the cups of a muffin tray lined with cupcake papers. Fill each cup only halfway to allow for expansion.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the center oven rack. Remove the cupcakes the oven, and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cupcakes the oven, and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Using an apple corer, carefully excise a half-inch diameter plug from the center of each cupcake to receive frosting. Insert the corer no deeper than halfway down into the cake.
- Using a hand mixer on medium, thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- With a pastry bag, frost each Red Velvet Cupcake, filling the center first. Enjoy!