Cannabis users who dab take pride in creating personalized, hard-hitting, oil rigs. Nails are an essential part of any rig. That being said, keeping your nail clean is beyond important if you want a quality hit. While dab nails are made out of various materials, the titanium is perhaps the most popular. There are so many ways to clean your nails, so let’s review how to clean a titanium dab nail so that you can dab on.
Why is cleaning your dab nail important?
While cleaning your nail specifically is important, because that’s where you’re putting the sweet stuff, cleaning your oil rig overall is essential.
Creating the perfect rig is expensive, especially for the frequent dabber. If you’re more than the occasional dabber, you’re going to spend a lot of money not only on the rig but on the shatters and oils.
Every rig experiences reburn, spills, a sticky residue, making cleaning all the more important. You’ve spent a lot of money on your set up, so keep it clean and get the best high you can.
1. The torching method
The torching method is one of the easiest ways to clean a titanium nail. Light up your touch and heat the nail, as if you were preparing to take a hit. The torch heat will burn off any excess shatter or oil.
Some dabbers use the torching method before taking each dab, while some do after every use. Overall, the torching method is the easiest and fastest way to clean your titanium nail.
The water method
The water method of cleaning your titanium nail has a few more steps but requires little effort.
- Heat your nail until red, then place in water at room temperature
- Let the nail sit, then remove with tongs after about 10 minutes
- If there is still residue on your nail, scrub it – it’s titanium, you’re not going to damage it, muscles!
The salt/ISO scrub method
The scrub method of cleaning a titanium nail can be done with either salt water or rubbing alcohol (ISO). Salt water is a natural cleaning solution, so it is perfect for cleaning your nail.
- Boil water and let the salt dissolve
- Place your nail in the solution for 10 minutes
- Remove nail, and scrub off any remaining residue
This method can also be done with ISO. You can either submerge the nail in ISO, let sit, then scrub, OR dip a Q-Tip into ISO solution and scrub the nail.
Your titanium nail is now shiny, residue-free, and looking good as new. If not, any of these three methods will do the trick. Just remember, keeping your nail, and the rest of your rig clean will lead to smoother highs.
Latest posts by R.R. Noall (see all)
- New Study Reveals Safest Cannabis Oil Agents For Healthier Vaping - September 27, 2017
- 10 Ways Cannabis Can Help Keep You Healthy This Fall - September 26, 2017
- 10 Medical Cannabis Myths Busted - September 23, 2017