It’s spring cleaning season so you know what that means; time to give your rigs and devices some extra care and attention. Remember, some companies recommend certain methods so always check the manual or provided instruction guide first. Be aware of the working parts of your equipment, and know the properties of the cleaning solutions that you use.
There’s no need for expensive cleaning solutions and products. There are plenty of household items you can use to get your gear gleaming in no time.
- Epsom salt or other types of coarse salt
- Rubbing alcohol
- Toothbrushes or other paint brushes
- Cotton swabs
You invest a lot of money of your glassware, so treat it right and clean it regularly.
Not only is this procedure easy, but it gives you a satisfying feeling of smoking a bowl with a clean start. One of the most common and foolproof methods of cleaning glass is using coarse salt and alcohol.
- Clean out the device thoroughly
- Once cleaned out, add in a small amount of alcohol and salt. Add in slightly more alcohol than salt if you’re soaking it for a while.
- Plug up any holes with cotton wool, swabs, paper towels etc.
- When you’re done soaking it, give it a thorough shake.
- Empty out the salt and alcohol mixture and rinse with water.
- Add in fresh water and you’re good to smoke up in a sparkly clean device.
If you don’t regularly clean your grinder, it will become overly sticky, and debris will begin to build up inside. There are two different ways you can clean your grinder: with cold temperature or heat.
- Separate all of the working parts of your grinder, and place them in a freezer-proof container in the freezer.
- Leave them for an hour as the low temperature will loosen the sticky particles.
- Dip a toothbrush in rubbing alcohol and scrub off any extra residue that’s still stuck to the inside.
- Finally, rinse with warm water, and let it dry.
- Separate your grinder, and put the pieces into a pan of water.
- Bring water to boil, turn the heat off, and let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove the components with a pair of tongs, and set aside to dry.
- Once cooled, scrub with a toothbrush to remove any lingering cannabis resin.
- Turn on your stove top to between 2-4.
- Cover the element with a small baking pan that you’ve lined with aluminum foil.
- Place your atomizer on the foil for approx five minutes.
- Pick it up carefully – remember, it will be hot!
- Repeat step 3-5 again if you need to.
You should now have a pretty clean atomizer! But, if you want it near-new, you’ll want to burn off any residue. You can do that by simply turning it upside down on the highest temperature for 10 to 15 seconds, before placing it back on the stove, which will allow the residue to pool out.
Also, you’ll probably want to clean the mouthpiece, too.
- Take the mouthpiece apart and place into a small bag of ISO alcohol and shake.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Place on a paper town to dry.
Do this process every couple weeks or months, depending on your usage of the device, of course. All the sticky residue that eventually builds up with each use inside the chamber or cartridge needs to be removed to ensure the vapor you inhale stays clean, pure and healthy.SHARE