These delicious Mozzarella Mushroom Caps Caprese are so filling and perfect to have as a main dish, but you could easily serve them as a side. The subtle addition of MagicalButter gives them extra points!
Mozzarella Mushroom Caps Caprese
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time:15 minutes
- Serving size: 1 cap
- Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup Magical Olive Oil
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded or cubed
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the portobello caps, stem side down, on a baking sheet (lined with a MagicalButter baking mat, if available). Drizzle them generously with Magical Olive Oil; flip, and repeat with the reverse side of the caps.
- Fill the inverted caps with mozzarella, tomato halves, chives, Parmesan, garlic, and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, slowly cook the vinegar and brown sugar until reduced by about 75 percent, becoming a glaze.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze over your Mozzarella Caprese Mushrooms, serve, and enjoy!
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- These Amazingly Eccentric Women Are Rejecting Sex Stereotypes and Changing Cosplay - October 15, 2017
- Everything Wrong With A Government-Run Pot Monopoly - October 13, 2017
- Person Dressed Up As Monopoly Man Photobombs Equifax Hearings To Protest Corporate Greed - October 5, 2017