With this Sweet & Sour sauce recipe, there’s no reason to buy packets anymore, you can simply make your own at home! This sauce isn’t just for Chinese food either, it goes great with things like chicken nuggets as well.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Yield: About 3 cups
- 1 cup Magical Tincture (to be reduced to MBO in Step 1)
- 1½ cups pineapple juice
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a nonstick saucepan on low heat, slowly reduce the tincture until all the alcohol is evaporated off, leaving an oil with the consistency of maple syrup. This is MagicalButterOil or MBO.
- Place all the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 130°F; then, press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- When the cycle is complete, you’re ready to enjoy your Sweet ’n’ Sour Sauce!