A go-to appetizer for parties, this spinach artichoke dip has all the creamy-inside, brown-and-crispy-on-top texture and cheesy taste that you love.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Yield: About 20 servings
- ¼ cup Magical Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Magical Butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, and split in half
- 10 ounces fresh organic baby spinach, finely chopped (or 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, thoroughly drained)
- 1 (14-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces whole sour cream
- 2 tablespoons high-quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly mix the olive oil, tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and the black pepper.
- Stir thoroughly, cover the bowl, and set it aside.In a large sauté pan on medium, add the butter and the rest of garlic, salt, and the red pepper flakes, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan on medium, add the butter and the rest of garlic, salt, and the red pepper flakes, and cook for 2-3 minutes.Add the spinach, stir, cook for 2 minutes, remove the pan from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Add the spinach, stir, cook for 2 minutes, remove the pan from heat, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic/spinach mix, cream cheese, sour cream, Romano cheese, Asiago cheese, and artichokes. Mix at medium speed, using either a stand mixer or hand mixer, for 2 minutes.Pour the dip into a baking dish and spread it out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pour the dip into a baking dish and spread it out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven, top it with the tomato mixture, and broil on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove your Smokin’ Spinach Artichoke Dip from the oven, and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- These Veterans Think Armchair Politicians Shouldn’t Tell Them Weed Isn’t Medicine - October 27, 2017
- The 4 Best Detox Drinks For Passing A Drug Test And Keeping Your Job - October 24, 2017
- These Amazingly Eccentric Women Are Rejecting Sex Stereotypes and Changing Cosplay - October 15, 2017