This Red Velvet Pancakes recipe is your new favorite excuse to eat cake for breakfast (not that you needed one) for a decadent wake and bake.
Red Velvet Pancakes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 ½ hours
- Serving size: 2 pancakes
- Yield: 5 servings
- ½ cup Magical Butter, melted and divided in half
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon red food color
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, and butter; whisk thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add milk mixture, and whisk together just until all of the ingredients are combined, leaving the batter slightly lumpy.
- Heat your pan over medium heat for 60-90 seconds.
- Butter the pan, then pour about ¼ cup batter into for each pancake.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until edges set up, and the top is bubbly.
- Carefully flip the pancake, and cook for another 1-2 minutes to cook the pancake through.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Dust the pancakes with powdered sugar, and serve with your favorite syrups and toppings.
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- These Veterans Think Armchair Politicians Shouldn’t Tell Them Weed Isn’t Medicine - October 27, 2017
- The 4 Best Detox Drinks For Passing A Drug Test And Keeping Your Job - October 24, 2017
- These Amazingly Eccentric Women Are Rejecting Sex Stereotypes and Changing Cosplay - October 15, 2017