A brief overview
We are looking for a Head of Content to be responsible for managing the production of all content for the publication. The responsibilities of a Head of Content include managing content calendars, a team of writers and editors, driving forward the editorial vision of the company, reviewing articles and photographs, contributing to editorial pieces, and managing day-to-day operations.To be successful as an Head of Content, you should demonstrate accurate writing skills, possess good judgment, and great attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Head of Content should have good business acumen, creativity, and be able to work well with a team.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Hiring and developing writers, junior editors and senior editors
- Crafting and driving forward the editorial and content vision for the company
- Approving the publication's layout, design, style and tone
- Reviewing written content for spelling and grammar errors
- Fact-checking information in articles and stories
- Providing suggestions for edits when needed
- Writing editorial pieces to contribute to the publication
- Developing and managing budgets for the editorial team
- Representing the publication's editorial team at social functions
- Making final decisions about which stories, articles and photographs to publish
- Attending meetings with the leadership team to discuss issues and plans for the publication
- Editing articles for accuracy, grammar, and style.
- Evaluating content and making decisions on appropriateness for the publication.
- Acting as a representative for the publication at events.
- Developing junior writers and editors.
- Contributing to the recruiting and hiring process.
- Developing the success of the publication.
For this role, you'll need:
- Degree in journalism, communications, or comparable work experience.
- Previous experience as an editor.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
How to apply
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of cannabis around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, CV, resume, linkedin, or whatever represents you best to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to reviewing your application.
Are you ready for your new career?