Herb is the world’s largest and most engaged cannabis community.
Over the next decade our mission is to create a global community of 100,000,000 conscious cannabis consumers and allow them to discover and buy the best cannabis products in the world.
We are dedicated to freeing every person incarcerated for cannabis globally through our work with Last Prisoner Project and REFORM.
Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and systems as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure smooth and efficient operations.
Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, communication, enhanced management reporting. Work closely with CEO to manage scheduling, communications, and revenue generation. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's processes and systems
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; scheduling meetings and coordinating presentations; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with CEO and finance manager.
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management. Directly manages and directs Operational staff.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
- Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
- Manage relationships with key brand partners
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with CEO and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the CEO and team to perform analysis of our data and performance to fine tune plans, systems, and processes
- Communicate with legal counsel to ensure all processes are buttoned up
Operations Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Business Negotiation
- People Management
- Data Entry Skills
- Data Processing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Budget Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team Work
- Stress Tolerance
To Apply for this Position:
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of cannabis around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, CV, resume, linkedin, or whatever represents you best to email@example.com. We are looking forward to reviewing your application.