Location: Toronto, Los Angeles, Remote
Herb is here to do one thing: simplify cannabis from discovery to purchase.
Our vibrant and growing community of 14 million herbivores is a living example that the stigma is disappearing faster than the smoke from the tips of our joints. Each month we reach 265 million video viewers and inspire 85 million engagements.
For us, cannabis isn’t just a hobby, it’s baked into who we are. Ask anyone of us and we’ll tell you; cannabis is more than just a plant. Consuming cannabis is an opportunity to laugh, learn, heal, and connect. The opportunity to shape how the world embraces cannabis is here.
Our team of engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs are proving every day that cannabis consumers are achievers. Over the next decade, the way people perceive, access and enjoy cannabis will fundamentally change. We envision a future where anyone in the world can get cannabis in under 15 minutes. Herb is where that future becomes a reality.
This is an opportunity to solve challenging problems that impact new businesses and their consumers as the industry expands. In this role, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content strategists, and marketers. You’ll deliver world-class experiences that helps anyone in the world get cannabis in under 15 minutes while empowering cannabis entrepreneurs.
As a Senior Product Designer at Herb, you will:
- Improve the online shopping experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore customer problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Conduct in-depth customer research to help your team develop empathy for cannabis consumers and retailers by advocating for their needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products
- Be a mentor to less-experienced designers and make your team stronger. You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team and Herb as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our customers
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without cutting corners
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple teams
For this role, you'll need:
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modeling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of cannabis around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. Nick (firstname.lastname@example.org) is looking forward to reviewing your application.