A brief overview
As the Herb Social Media Manager, you will play a key role in creating and distributing content to our loyal community of 14 million cannabis enthusiasts.
Help Herb become the “trusted weed guide” by connecting the Cannabis Community with optimized content to turn insights into a strategic position that will help achieve business goals.
You are both creative and data driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a willingness to adapt and a commitment to get things done. Highly effective communication is a must.
If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Herb is a great place to grow your career. You'll be glad you applied to Herb.
- Write captions and copy in an authentic brand voice for both original and partner posts
- Work closely with the Key Account Manager team in Asana to make sure that all tasks are executed and distributed on their respective dates
- Manage other brand social accounts and pages: Herb Highwear, Matt Gray,
- Keep the company’s Instagram and Facebook stores for Herb Highwear up to date and active, while creating social campaigns for the merchandise
- Stay up to date with Cannabis news and trends as well as social media rules and guidelines
- Grow a mast list of Content Collaborators for our social pages through constantly reaching out to content creators, related pages, and influencers
- Grow our social engagement group
- Collaborate with the content team in posting linked website articles to Facebook on a 24 Hour Schedule
- Collaborate with the company photographer to conceptualize company/brand photoshoots
- Track post performance on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter/TikTok/Google Analytics and report on growth and engagement trends
- Maintain a 5% MOM Follower Growth on all Social Platforms
- Maintain a 10% MOM Engagement Growth on all Social Platforms
- Maintain a 5% Email Subscriber Growth on all Social Platforms
- Present trends, key learnings, upcoming posts, and growth & engagement metrics to the company during our Team Huddles
- Work hand in hand with the editorial team to tightly coordinate social posting with the content team’s article publishing
- Create and design memes for social posting that are relevant to Trending/Viral News
- Schedule posts using Sprout, Later, and other pertinent apps to be 90 days ahead in
- Update work processes and workflow documents in the Company’s notion account
- Assist the Head of Distribution with creating brand decks for incoming and existing partners to ensure that our content is meeting our partners needs
- Edit Photography and video footage in Adobe premiere or other video apps to optimize content for social posting
- Edit reels for both Instagram and Facebook and upload them natively
- Create unique UTMs for individual social posts and implement them with each and every Social Post
- Collaborate with our in-house content creator team to produce content for social posting
Skills & Experience:
- Proven work and 5 years of experience as a Social Media Manager
- Strong analytical skills with Social Insights and Google Analytics, and the ability to leverage data for insights and action
- Proficiency with all apps in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and videos)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
How to apply
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of cannabis around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, CV, resume, linkedin, or whatever represents you best to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to reviewing your application.
Are you ready for your new career?