When it comes to simple comfort food, it doesn’t get any better than roasted chicken and this Apple Cider Chicken is just the thing for fall.
Apple Cider Chicken
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons Magical Olive Oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons Magical Butter
- 1 ½ cup hard apple cider
- ½ cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons organic dried thyme
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Take large saute pan and preheat on medium-high for 60-90 seconds.
- Add olive oil and let heat for another 60-90 seconds.
- With paper towels, pat the chicken breast dry, season with salt and pepper, and place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4 minutes, per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and put onto a plate to rest, loosely cover with foil, and set aside.Return the pan back to the heat and add butter, onion, garlic, apple butter, thyme, and bay leaves, stir thoroughly, and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the flour into the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vinegar and chicken broth to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Add the cider and the Apple Butter, bring to a boil and let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Return the chicken back into the pan, add the hard cider, stir, bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add any salt and pepper, if needed, plate, top with some extra sauce, and serve.