If you’re looking for the perfect weekend dish, look no further! These mouth-watering Braised Beef Nachos are even cannabis-infused. What could be better?
Braised Beef Nachos
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
Serving size: 4 ounces
Yield: About 6-8 servings
- ½ cup (1 stick) MagicalButter
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 3 cups beef broth
- 12 fluid ounces beer
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12-16 ounces (1 bag) nacho chips¾ cup onions, caramelized
- ¾ cup onions, caramelized
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 ounces (2 scoops) guacamole
- 4 ounces (2 scoops) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeños, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a skillet over high heat, brown the ribs (1-2 minutes per side).
- In a large, oven-safe pot, place the ribs, caramelized onions, garlic, taco seasoning, flour, butter, beer, beef broth, rosemary, and thyme. Stir thoroughly, and cover the pot.
- Bake on the center rack for 2½ hours. Keep the oven hot after removing the pot.Take the ribs from the pot, remove the meat from the bones, and set it aside.
- Take the ribs from the pot, remove the meat from the bones, and set it aside.
- Over medium heat, reduce the volume of the remaining liquid in the pot by half. It should have the consistency of very thick barbecue sauce, so it will cling well to the meat; a runny sauce would make your chips soggy. Decant the sauce into a mixing bowl.
- Add the meat to the bowl, and thoroughly mix to coat the meat with sauce.
- On a large baking sheet, spread out the nacho chips evenly. Sprinkle half the shredded cheddar over the top; then, the meat in sauce. Top with the rest of the cheddar, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the guacamole and sour cream. Garnish your Braised Beef Nachos with the chopped olives, chives, and jalapeños, and enjoy!