Pour yourself a glass of ice cold milk and settle down for a good sinking session. Today is national Chocolate Chip day, and we have three recipes for chocolate chip cookies that will make you want to bake and get baked.
1. Cannabis Chocolate Chip Coconut Oil Cookies
These Cannabis Chocolate Chip coconut Oil Cookies are a great twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cannabis coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips *
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use non-stick baking mats or line your cookie sheets with parchment paper so your cookies won’t stick.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the cannabis coconut oil, coconut oil, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl of stand-mixer (or use an electric hand mixer).
- Mix the coconut oil and sugar on medium-low speed until light and creamy. Reduce speed to low, and add the egg. Increase speed and beat until well combined. Repeat, adding the vanilla and beating until incorporated.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients in three portions. Be sure to stir well after each addition. Remove bowl from stand-mixer and pour in chocolate chips. Stir using a wooden spoon.
- Using a cookie scoop or two teaspoons, scoop balls of cookie dough onto cookie sheets spaced two inches apart. Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes or just until the edges begin to brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks. Allow cookies to cool completely.
* The amount and strength of your cannabis coconut oil will determine how much medicine your cookies contain. Adjust the ratio of cannabis to non-cannabis oil to meet your individual needs.
* Want to pack in even more medicine? Substitute the chocolate chips with coarsely chopped pieces of The Venice Cookie Company’s 4.20 Bar
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crisp edges, chewy middles, and so, so easy to make. Try this popular chocolate chip cookie recipe for yourself.
- 1 cup cannabutter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together the Cannabutter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
3. Cookie dough bites
This scrumptious egg-free cookie dough is the perfect treat that you can eat right out of the bowl without a care in the world! Enjoy with a spoon, roll up and freeze for a quick treat anytime, or bake at 350 degrees F for about 8 minutes for warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven!
- 3 tbsp cannabis coconut oil
- ½ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup ripe banana, mashed till smooth
- ¾ cup unbleached AP flour or white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar*
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vanilla soymilk or almond milk
- ¼ cup mini DF chocolate chips
- Toothpicks or another cocktail pick
- In a medium bowl, add the coconut CannaOil, peanut butter, mashed banana, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Use a wooden spoon to fully combine.
- Stir and incorporate the flour in by ¼ cup at a time until the mixture thickens up. Add the non-dairy milk until moistened into a smooth cookie dough consistency. Stir in the chocolate chips. Enjoy as is or check out the next step for another serving option.
- Line a baking sheet or glass baking dish with parchment paper. Roll the cookie dough into small balls, about 1 tbsp each. Place onto lined sheet or dish and place a toothpick into the center of each.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results. Once frozen, dip into melted chocolate and chopped nuts for extra flavor! Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
*Nutrition Note: Coconut sugar is an excellent replacement for normal cane sugar and can be found at most health food stores. Coconut sugar has been shown to contain more nutrients and minerals than cane sugar and has a low glycemic index rating of 35.
*Dose Wisely: The CannaOil amount in this recipe is a suggestion, and is highly variable depending on the strength of your CannaOil and the potency you are going for. Use this amount as a guideline to figure out the right amount for your situation. The best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of your meal, wait an hour, see how you feel, then snack on more if it feels right. Listen to your body! Make smart dosing choices and munch wisely!