The cleaner your vape pen is the better it functions, the better your concentrates taste, and the less chance there is of leaks. It’s quite logical, really. But, if you’re not sure where to begin, it can be a daunting task. In five easy steps, here’s how to clean your vape pen thoroughly, so you get the most out of it.
How to clean your vape pen
- Turn on your stove top to between 2-4.
- Cover the element with a small baking pan that you’ve lined with aluminum foil.
- Place your atomizer on the foil for approx five minutes.
- Pick it up carefully – remember, it will be hot!
- Repeat step 3-5 again if you need to.
You should now have a pretty clean atomizer! But, if you want it near-new, you’ll want to burn off any residue. You can do that by simply turning it upside down on the highest temperature for 10 to 15 seconds, before placing it back on the stove, which will allow the residue to pool out.
Don’t forget the mouthpiece
Also, you’ll probably want to clean the mouthpiece, too.
- Take the mouthpiece apart and place into a small bag of ISO alcohol and shake.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Place on a paper town to dry.
Do this process every couple weeks or months, depending on your usage of the device, of course. All the sticky residue that eventually builds up with each use inside the chamber or cartridge needs to be removed to ensure the vapor you inhale stays clean, pure and healthy.
Remember, the cleaner you keep your atomiser, the longer it will last.
For more information on vaping, check out these articles: