So, you think you know it all when it comes to cannabis dispensaries? One thing you know for certain is that a dispensary is a place to stock up on your favorite ganja. But what you might not be aware of is how much the typical customer spends a year on bud. Not to mention, who spends the most money while they shop for pot. If you want to test your expertise or teach someone else a thing or two, then here are 12 facts about weed dispensaries that will impress the ganja-curious.
1. The average customer spends $645 a year on weed
2. Less than one-third of dispensary customers are women
3. Males tend to re-up every 19.5 days
4. The typical age of female dispensary customers is 38.2 years old
That’s right; weed shopping isn’t just for women in their twenties.
5. Men spend $13 more per year on weed than women do
6. But women, on average, pay $2 more per trip than men do
Random, but true.
7. The largest portion of dispensary customers are 25 to 29 years old
8. Consumers in their 20s spend, on average, $27 per trip
9. 9.9 percent of dispensary customers burn through $2,500 or more annually
10. The median dollar amount spent in a weed transaction is 33 bucks
In case you forgot, median means middle.
11. Women can go 21.5 days between pot purchases
12. Users in their 50s spend, on average, $41 per trip, equaling $753 per year
Consumers in their fifties pay more for their ganja than people in their twenties.