French toast blunts are stuffed with hot, gooey fillings with outsides coated in a sweet, crunchy cinnamon sugar that melts in your mouth.
French Toast Blunts
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: about 10 minutes
- Serving size: 4 ounces
- Yield: about 8 servings
- 8 tablespoons MagicalButter
- 8 slices honey wheat sandwich bread (the soft, fluffy type)
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
Peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, caramel banana, fresh fruit, NutellaHow-to
- Trim the crusts from the bread.
- Using a rolling pin, firmly flatten and elongate the bread slices.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of your chosen filling(s) an inch from one end of a bread slice, and spread it out into a strip. Then, roll the bread up toward that end into a cigar shape with the filling inside. Repeat with the other slices.
- In an 8-inch square baking dish, whisk the eggs and milk until they’re well combined.
- In a separate baking dish, mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Coat the roll-ups with egg mixture on all sides. Then, place them in the skillet, seam side down.
- Cook the roll-ups in batches, turning them on all sides, until they’re a delicious golden brown. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- Roll hot roll-ups in the cinnamon and sugar until they’re completely covered.
- Serve and enjoy your French Toast Blunts with maple syrup for dunking.