5 Things You Can Do With Kief
Here are five ways you can take advantage of the high-THC form of cannabis known to the stoner community as kief.
The main selling point of a four-piece grinder is their excellent ability to collect the trichomes of dried cannabis in its lowest compartment. So what happens when you open up that bottom tray and find it filled to the brim? Here are five ways you can take advantage of the high-THC form of cannabis known to the stoner community as kief.
1. Decarb the kief and make strong edibles
Much like the way you decarboxylate dried flower, kief can be used for making a batch of brownies or similar.
Steps for decarboxylation:
- Set oven to 300°F.
- Place kief in a glass container, and cover.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes
- Cover and leave to cool, then add to your batter.
2. Sprinkle it on your herb
If you find your cannabis isn’t getting you to where you want to be, sprinkling some concentrated kief on top can significantly enhance your high. If you’ve never had a kief hit before, start slow because its strength can vary between strains.
3. Add kief to your joint or blunt
To make your joint as effective as possible, many blunt experts will recommend a strong sprinkling of kief throughout. Just make sure to roll it nice and tight to avoid any leaking out.
4. Make THC vape-liquid
Steps for a high-THC vape oil:
- Use 1:1 ratio of propylene glycol to vegetable glycerin
- Add your kief and heat over low heat until a smooth consistency is achieved
- Strain the liquid through a coffee filter to remove kief residue
- Allow to cool and add flavoring of your choice
5. Mix it with a dab
For all you dabbers out there who want to enhance the hash-like flavor of your dabs, look no further. Not only will this greatly increase the THC percentage of your dab, but it will also change the flavor of the overall experience.