Turn regular pancakes into a plate-licking good breakfast by smothering them with this delicious maple bacon bourbon syrup from MagicalButter.
Cannabis-infused maple bacon bourbon syrup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Yield: about 2 cups
- 2 cups MagicalButter
- 12 ounces pure dark amber maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 10 strips bacon, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch-wide strips
- 3 ounces Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until halfway done, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels to remove excess grease, discard the fat from the pan, and return the meat to heat.
- Add butter, and cook until the bacon is crispy; then add sugar and vanilla paste, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 ounces of bourbon, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and maple syrup, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remainder of the bourbon, remove from heat, and decant into a syrup pitcher or serving dish.