7 Reasons Cannabis Needs To Be Legalized Already
A recent report by the National Academics of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine will convince non-believers to support legalized cannabis.
57% of US adults are now in favor of cannabis legalization. However, there’s still 37% of people who are against it. A report by the National Academics of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine may convince non-believers to support legalizing the herb. Of course, the report notes that there is a lot of research that needs to be done. Still, it can sum up a few of the most current findings, all of which support the fact that cannabis is capable of much more than getting you high. Here are seven reasons why cannabis should be legalized.
1. Treats chronic pain
The report conclusively supports the fact that cannabis is capable of treating chronic pain. Also, this is the main reason why people requested the report in the first place.
For further reading on how cannabis and pain management, check out these articles:
- Ultimate Guide To Strains You Need To Use For Pain Relief
- Weed vs Opioids: Which Is Better For Pain?
- 10 Surprising Benefits Of Using CBD To Treat Chronic Pain
2. Decreases the number of car crashes
There is conflicting evidence out there over whether or not cannabis can increase the chances of being involved in road crashes. However, the report indicates that there are fewer car crashes since introducing medical cannabis.
3. Relieves muscle spasms and nausea
4. Doesn’t increase the risk of lung cancer
For more information about cannabis and lung health, check out these articles:
- What Does Smoking Weed Do To Your Lungs?
- You Need To Know How Weed Helps Keep Your Lungs Healthy
- How To Smoke Weed and Keep Your Lungs Healthy
5. Children aren’t as likely to accidently consume the herb in legal states
If you leave your buds out in the open, then your child may come into contact with it. That’s common sense. But according to the report, children are in more danger of accidently consuming toxic items, such as a crayon.
6. Works as an anti-inflammatory
From the swelling you get from tattoos to joint swelling from arthritis, cannabis can treat inflammation. The evidence may be limited, but it’s out there. Not to mention, thousands of patients swear by its anti-inflammatory effects and can speak from experience.
For more information on making your own cannabis topicals, check out these articles:
- How To Make Cannabis Topicals
- Will Marijuana Be The Next Big Thing In Skin Care?
- Why Cannabis Topicals Are First Aid Essential
7. Cause and connection are two different things
One of the most significant findings of the report deals with weed and its connection with various conditions/risks. Although the herb may be linked with a particular disease or risk, that doesn’t mean it is what’s causing it. This is perhaps one of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to cannabis.