Love cannabis? You’re not alone. And what’s not to love? The magical botanical has the capacity to enhance people’s quality of health and happiness in unexpected ways. In fact, one of the best ways to capture the healing agents within cannabis is to eat it.
The delicious cannadiet
By ingesting the herb, you’re able to access cannabinoids within the buds that are usually destroyed by combustion, plus others manufactured in the liver, that can elevate your body to a new level of awesome – all while complementing the flavors of what you’re whipping up in the kitchen.
There’s no need to sacrifice your quality of food to get with the “cannadiet.” In fact, why not roast up a familiar recipe that goes great with just about any meal?
There’s no going wrong with a classic roasted red potato side dish. It’s the spud you know and love, with a little extra cannabis kick to get your mind and body feeling right.
These herby and garlicky little morsels are just the things to spice up the dinner table, adding a special zing in terms of flavor, health, and the familiar elevation factor.
By following the recipe and including rosemary, which is a great source of calcium, iron, and vitamin B6, your side dish turns up the heat.
In fact, according to Medical News Today, rosemary is also anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidants, and a natural diuretic. (Tasty as they are, try to go easy. Any way you slice them, potatoes are still loaded with starchy carbs – which feel great IN the stomach, but don’t look great ON it.)
This is the secret to infusing your own “cannafoods” and unlocking the secrets to health and happiness through the world’s most versatile medicinal herb.
Give this delicious recipe and try, and be sure to SHARE your experience with your loved ones!
Fresh Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Ready time: about 5 minutes Serving size: 1 potato
Yield: 8-10 servings
- ¼ cup/60 ml Herbal Compound Butter or Duck Fat
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml high-quality herb flower, decarbed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml olive/coconut oil blend
- ¼ cup/60 ml basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml fresh ground pepper
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Mix all the ingredients except potatoes in a bowl.
- Place a potato on the counter between 2 parallel chopsticks. This makes it easy to cut the potato carefully into slices without cutting all the way through. Slice all the potatoes about ¼ – ½ inch thick.
- With your hands, gently rub the herb mixture onto and in between the potato slices.
- Place the potatoes into a baking dish, cover it with foil, and bake it in your preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover the dish; then let it bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove your Fresh Herb-Roasted Red Potatoes from the oven, plate and cover them with herb oil drippings from the bottom of the baking pan, and enjoy!
RELATED: For dozens more awesome cannabis recipes, how-to vids, and how to get your own botanical extractor for making edibles, check out MagicalButter.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Garyn Angel is an inventor, award-winning financial consultant, and CEO of MagicalButter.com, maker of the botanical extractor he invented for infusing cannabis into foods. Firmly committed to necessary law reform, Angel was named to the exclusive CNBC NEXT List of visionary global business leaders for his work on legal marijuana. He is also founder of the Cheers to Goodness Foundation, a charity that helps “medical refugees”—mainly veterans and children—who need herbal therapy when traditional treatment options have failed.