Following Rumors, Vegas Police Confirm Tupac Murder Case Remains Unsolved
A former Compton druglord, on his deathbed, confesses to information about the notorious murder. It’s included in new Netflix series “Unsolved, the Tupac and Biggie Murders.”
Las Vegas Police have confirmed the homicide case involving esteemed rapper Tupac “2Pac” Shakur remains unsolved, twenty-one years after his untimely death. Shakur died as a result of a targeted drive-by shooting occurring in September of 1996.
The theories surrounding the homicide were recently ignited by Netflix series “Unsolved, the Tupac and Biggie Murders,” released in February. The series includes a taped interview with a man named Duane Keith Davis, a former Compton-based druglord who confessed to Detective Greg Kading of the Los Angeles Police Department in 2011 to have been in the car with the shooter blamed for Tupac’s murder.
“People have been pursuing me for 20 years,” says Davis, “I’m coming out now because I have cancer, and I have nothing else to lose.”
Davis also spoke about the Tupac murder in another recent documentary series called “The Death Row Chronicles” on BET. Davis, known by his street name “Keefe Dee,” previously alleged that his late nephew, Orlando Anderson, was the one who fired the shots that led to Shakur’s death. More recently, in the Netflix Series, he said he wouldn’t identify who shot Tupac.
Anderson faced interrogation from Las Vegas police immediately after the incident but was released. He eventually died several years later in a shootout unrelated to Shakur’s murder.
An official statement by the Las Vegas Police Department says that they are fully aware of the comments made by Davis. The statement continues by claiming that the police have spent several months “reviewing the case in its entirety” and that the “various reports that an arrest warrant is about to be submitted are inaccurate.”
Tupac Shakur was shot on September 7, 1996, and died six days later due to the internal bleeding caused by the shooting. He was 25 years old.