This chocolate Oreo cake will make even the grumpiest of man happy in every single way! Just be warned that it will be too tempting to leave around the house.. This is a true crowd-pleaser.
1 (18.25 oz) package devil's food cake mix (with or without pudding)
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Canna Oil
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 Cups Cannabutter – room temperature
1 TBS pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 pounds confectioner's sugar
3-4 TBS tablespoons very cold coconut milk
25 Oreo cookies (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottoms of (2) 9 inch round cake pans with parchment and grease pans thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mix, salt vanilla, sour cream, Canna Oil, beaten eggs and water.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and divide batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 25-35 minutes, rotating pans half way through baking the baking time. Bake until the top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake for at least 30 minutes before inverting. Allow cake to cool completely on wire rack.
Directions for the Frosting:
- Cream the Cannabutter in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer. Add the vanilla extract and combine well.
- Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, begin adding the very cold milk… one tablespoon at a time, combining well after each addition until you reach the desired consistency.
- Fold in chopped Oreo Cookies and frost your cooled cake layers.