It’s hard not to like these CannaChocolate Biscotti, especially with a cup of coffee and a few friends.
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons canna-butter
4 tablespoons regular butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons chopped pecans
2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates
- Heat oven to 340
- In a large bowl combine the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In an electric mixture, beat the butters, sugar and the eggs for two minutes. Add the vanilla. Add the flours to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate, dates and pecans to the dough and mix well.
- Divide into three pieces and roll each piece into a 6- inch log. Place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet. Place the three logs of dough on the baking sheet. Flatten a bit. Bake for 28 minutes. Allow to cool.
- When cool, carefully cut the rolls on the diagonal into ½ inch slices.
- Lower oven to 325
- Bake the individual slices on both sides for 6 minutes per side.