This Cannabis-infused upside down cake will put a unique spin on your typical apple desserts!
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
2-3 apples, Braeburn or Fuji, peeled and sliced to 1/4 inch
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat brown sugar, 1/4 cup CannaButter and honey in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Arrange apple slices over caramel mixture in 2 overlapping concentric circles to cover bottom of pan, starting on outside edge.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Beat 3/4 cup CannaButter and sugar in large bowl at medium spread for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk just until incorporated and smooth, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Carefully spread batter over apple slices.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown and pulls slightly away from sides and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto wire rack, remove parchment. Serve warm.