A delicious twist on a hearty chicken pie
2 baking potatoes, cubed
1 onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
¼ cup butter or CannaButter
½ cup all-purpose flour or CannaFlour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup CannaMilk
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 cup fresh peas
salt and pepper, to taste
2 sheets of pie crusts, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in butter until onion begins to soften.
- Stir flour into the sauteed vegetables; mix well. Heat for 1 minute while constantly stirring.
- Add CannaMilk and chicken broth to the saucepan. Gently stir into the vegetables.
- Stir constantly while cooking over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in the chicken, peas, salt and pepper. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Line pie dish with 1 sheet of thawed pie crust. Spoon chicken filling into the lined pie dish.
- Use second sheet of pie crust to cover the pie. Seal edges by pinching crust around the edge of pie dish.
- Cut 4 slits into the top of the pie crust for steam to escape.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven, or until pie crust is golden brown.