A sugary snack native to South Asia, this cannabis-infused treat is great for serving at parties and enjoying in groups!
2 tsp gram flour
½ cup plain yogurt, beaten
½ cup water
A dash of baking soda
½ L cannaghee
500 mL sugar syrup
A few threads of saffron
- Mix the all-purpose flour and gram flour in an appropriately sized mixing bowl.
- Add yoghurt and water and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes and then perform a consistency test (*see consistency test).
- Add the baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Heat cannaghee over low flame in a deep dish pan while you fill the mixture into a wide-nozzle pastry/icing bag.
- Once the cannaghee is bubbling, squeeze the contents into the pan in any shape you'd like (traditionally they have a concentric circle shape, but you can make them into a weed leaf shape if you have the patience and agility).
- Lightly brown your jalebis on either side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used and let the excess oil drain out.
- Heat the sugar syrup over a low flame and add the saffron.
- Remove the syrup from the flame and drop the jalebis into syrup.
- Drain excess syrup and serve hot!