Chef Blaine Alexandr from My 420 Tours takes you through the creation of Phoenix Tears, a cannabis tincture made with grain alcohol.
2 sturdy, heatproof glass jars with lids (i.e. Mason jars)
1 small jar
Large coffee filter
Electric Stove - NOT gas!
Grain alcohol (enough to cover the ground weed, plus an inch). For example, Everclear
1/2 oz (14g) of high-grade, 20%+ THC cannabis
- Break down the cannabis with pestle in the sturdy glass jar
- Pour the grain alcohol on the cannabis, adding an additional inch of liquid on top
- Decarboxylate the cannabis by heating the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Cover jar with a lid
- Store in a dark place for 72 hours
- Remove the lid from the jar
- Heat the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Slowly pour the liquid through the coffee filter into the second jar
- Squeeze the remnants out of the coffee filter
- Drive off the excess liquid by placing the jar into the large pot of water and heating on a Medium-Low heat (rolling bubble or simmer) for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Pour into a smaller jar and continue to evaporate the remaining liquid in the simmering pot