Your perfect recipe for pot pesto. Nothing more to say.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Starting with the pesto, warm a sauté pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and toast them, stirring continuously, for 3 minutes. You should smell a nice aroma in the air. Remove from heat and let everything cool. Remove the papery skins of the walnuts by rubbing them over a metal strainer.
- In a food processor, grind the walnuts to rough flour.
- Wash and dry the basil. Remove the stems before tearing the leaves into tiny pieces.
- Add the basil, garlic, salt, and Parmesan to the walnut flour in the food processor. While the processor is running, add ¾ cup of the THC olive oil through the top chute. Add more salt or oil until you're pleased with the texture.
- To make the budschetta, brush bread slices with THC olive oil, and toast in the oven for 3 minutes on a baking sheet, until they golden. Remove from the oven, and top each bread slice with the diced tomatoes. Return the budschetta to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove, top with the pesto. Enjoy your dish!