This simple almost-traditional vanilla canna-custard will please just about anyone! Best served with anything. Best enjoyed with friends.
1 cup thickened cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/3 cup caster sugar
- Combine Canna Milk and cream in a small saucepan. Add vanilla extract to milk mixture. Place over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until hot (do not allow to boil). Remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a heatproof bowl until well combined. Pour hot milk mixture over egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 15 to 20 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon (do not allow custard to boil, as it might curdle).
- Serve custard warm or cold over stewed or fruit, pancakes, crumbles, or just about anything you desire. Enjoy!
Tips: If cooling custard for later use, cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming. To make chocolate custard, add 100g chopped good-quality dark or milk chocolate to the custard at the end of step 3 and stir until smooth.