Old-fashioned Macaroni And CheeseSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Everyone’s favorite childhood dish, macaroni and cheese still tops the list of comfort foods we crave. Our take on it has a crunchy bread-crumb crust that provides an irresistible textural contrast to the gooey, cheesy pasta beneath.
GET OUR MUST HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients8 ounces small elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
1 tablespoon all-purpose our 1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea) Pinch of freshly ground pepper
2 1⁄4 cups good-quality medium- sharp freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup cheddar crackers, such as Cheez-Its, crushed
1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar, cheddar crackers, and panko and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pasta.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Want to join the community of HERB chefs? Submit your recipe!SHARE
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How A Video Game Created The World’s Largest Weed Community - October 19, 2016
- Marijuana Mythbusting: 10 Shocking Facts About Pot Prisoners - October 16, 2016
- Cannabis-Infused Roasted Red Potatoes Will Rock Your Dinner Table - October 7, 2016
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 16 Feb, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Recommended For You
Why are California's pot farmers concerned about, and oppose Prop 64, the latest effort to legalize adult use cannabis? Should everyone be worried?
From rainbow spaghetti to puffy pink couches, the Unicorn Café is every 90s Lisa Frank-loving baby's dream come true.
United States Coast Guard agents are being kept busy, as massive packages of cannabis continue to wash up along beaches in the Florida Keys.
M&M’s are releasing a new flavor in honor of their 75th anniversary, and that flavor is going to blow your mind.
Do you know what you're smoking? It's always good to stay informed, so here's the scoop on different cannabis concentrates.
Dealing with anxiety is an invisible battle, but it doesn't have to be a solo one. 1Hour Break can help guide you back to calm sailing.
As folks who know how to fight for a cause, some special sea creatures need our help. Devocean are helping start the conversation about conservation.
Cannabis and mental health can have a complicated relationship. Does cannabis worsen depression over time? More research is needed.