Old-fashioned Macaroni And CheeseSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Everyone’s favorite childhood dish, macaroni and cheese still tops the list of comfort foods we crave. Our take on it has a crunchy bread-crumb crust that provides an irresistible textural contrast to the gooey, cheesy pasta beneath.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients8 ounces small elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
1 tablespoon all-purpose our 1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea) Pinch of freshly ground pepper
2 1⁄4 cups good-quality medium- sharp freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup cheddar crackers, such as Cheez-Its, crushed
1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar, cheddar crackers, and panko and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pasta.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- How To Make Delicious, Cannabis-Infused Macho Nacho Cheese Dip - January 22, 2017
- Get Ready For Victory With This Powerful GameDay Sub-Sauce - January 20, 2017
- Pinene: The Powerful Terpene That Combats Paranoia And Asthma - January 19, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 16 Feb, 2016
Recommended For You
Current policy in Virginia in regards to cannabis is among the more stringent of the states that still criminalize the use of cannabis.
Curious about the effects of cannabis? To help introduce you to the herb, here's what you can expect the first time you partake.
The infamous Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was extradited to the United States from Mexico on Thursday, where he pleaded not guilty.
Humboldt Clothing Company wants to help you keep track of your lighter forever. Here's the perfect accessory for the job the Humboldt Lighter Buddy.
Although doctors recommend surgery to improve her chances of living, Jessica Olson went for a different approach: cannabis oil.
Unfortunately, male cannabis plants aren't often given the credit they deserve. Here's how to spot a male plant and what to do with the herb.
World traveler and expert hashishin Frenchy Cannoli wants to teach you how to make truly exceptional hash. Here's where to find him.
Watch this video to see Nick and Nate Diaz smoking a $2,000 UFC glove-shaped blunt. What will UFC have to say about this?