Old-fashioned Macaroni And CheeseSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Everyone’s favorite childhood dish, macaroni and cheese still tops the list of comfort foods we crave. Our take on it has a crunchy bread-crumb crust that provides an irresistible textural contrast to the gooey, cheesy pasta beneath.
GET OUR MUST HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients8 ounces small elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
1 tablespoon all-purpose our 1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea) Pinch of freshly ground pepper
2 1⁄4 cups good-quality medium- sharp freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup cheddar crackers, such as Cheez-Its, crushed
1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar, cheddar crackers, and panko and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pasta.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Do you have a recipe you'd like to see on HERB? Send us your idea!SHARE
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
If Nate Diaz was smoking cannabidiol (CBD) in his post-fight interview, then he is at risk of being penalized by the UFC’s anti-doping agency.
The idea of escaping persecution, of getting out of the trap of the War on Drugs, is a pleasurable idea. This guy is either a mad genius, or just plain mad.
Have you ever wondered what all those drugs in movies are really made out of? Apparently, fake cocaine isn't much healthier than the real stuff.
Take a break from the standard glass or acrylic pipe and try one of these Himalayan Sea Salt pipes for a unique high and added health benefits.
Nothing says "WOW" like some green that isn't green. So where do those amazing bud colors come from?
- 16 Feb, 2016
Recommended For You
Here's all you need to know about why some strains turn black and why black cannabis is awesome.
Unfortunately for Nate, there are more factors at play than just this one-time occurrence of openly vaping CBD oil at last Saturday's press conference.
Can you imagine being outside on a sunny day and suddenly you see a flying pizza? Me either, but a Domino's & Flirtey are making it happen.
Check out how a British man from Glastonbury managed to grow cannabis for almost 2 decades... outside his local government building.
In the new web series from WhoHaHa, Cannabis Moms Club follows a group of hilarious moms unintentionally revealing their love for cannabis.
Choosing cannabis over alcohol is gaining ground with those tired of hangovers. Anthony Bourdain even touts the herb as a cure for what ails you.
The world has lost another bright light in cannabis advocacy. Jack Splitt paved the way for others and is gone all too soon.
Somebody, please smack these stupid people! Viral video shows lousy parents hotboxing child.