FORMERLYTHE STONER'S COOKBOOK
Old-fashioned Macaroni And CheeseSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Everyone’s favorite childhood dish, macaroni and cheese still tops the list of comfort foods we crave. Our take on it has a crunchy bread-crumb crust that provides an irresistible textural contrast to the gooey, cheesy pasta beneath.
GET OUR MUST HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients8 ounces small elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
1 tablespoon all-purpose our 1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea) Pinch of freshly ground pepper
2 1⁄4 cups good-quality medium- sharp freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup cheddar crackers, such as Cheez-Its, crushed
1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar, cheddar crackers, and panko and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pasta.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Do you have a recipe you'd like to see on HERB? Send us your idea!SHARE
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- Our Hot & Herbal Fudge Sundae Will Melt Your Monday Blues - July 25, 2016
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Hydroponics - July 23, 2016
- How Bong Rips Can Help You Run 200 Miles - July 20, 2016
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
VaporPuff? GigglyHigh? You gotta check out the new cannabis creatures coming out in the weed version of Pokemón GO, Gangaman GO.
The medical cannabis regime in Florida is preparing to take flight, with the Sunshine State's first dispensaries set to open next week.
How much do you know about delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC?
- 16 Feb, 2016
Did you know that both sexes experience cannabis in different ways? Turns out, THC and your hormones interact quite a bit.
Lil Wayne stormed off stage at the High Times gig. Let's face it, bright lights burn out the fastest, and maybe this burnout simply can't keep his mic up.
There's nothing better than sharing a little herb with your boo. Here are 10 reasons why cannabis will take your relationship to the next level.
Recommended For You
Alabama has long held one of the strictest stances in the US on cannabis. These are just a few of the children helped by medical cannabis oil in the state.
Travelers and locals made off with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of hash washed ashore, creating one of the greatest disappearing acts ever.
More than 50 companies are looking to fill more than a 1,000 jobs at the cannabis career fair in Denver today. Don't miss out!
Cannabis has been wildly successful in treating symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. Here's how it eases symptoms of this incurable neurodegenerative disorder.
Watch this 360-Degree Video as hundreds of activists march on City Hall, promoting their love of Bernie Sanders and the need to legalize cannabis now.
Check out the fiery glass art of one of the best in the business! LaceFace is a fantastic female artist with red hot skills.
Just getting your feet wet growing cannabis? You might be making a few of these grow mistakes. Follow this advice and you'll be a grow-pro in no time.
Wondering why the same strain of cannabis affects everyone differently? Turns out, there are scientific reasons why that happens.