A healthy summertime veggie burger with a cannabis kick!
1 can (15 oz) dark kideny beans, drained rinsed and divided
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons CannaFlour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/4 cup finely shredded aged cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 3/8-inch wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
1 tablespoon olive CannaOil
1/4 cup salsa (optional
- Place half of the beans in a large bowl, mash slightly with a fork. Stir in half of the oats.
- Pulse the remaining oats until finely ground. Add remaining beans, pulse until chopped.
- Agg egg whites, CannaFlour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chili powder, process about 1 minute or until coarse paste forms. Add mashed beans and oat mixture, stir in cheese, green onion and cilantro.
- Divide mixture into fourths. Spray a large plate with cooking spray. Working on the plate, form each portion into a 4-inch patty, 1/2-inch thick. Place on a small baking sheet sprayed with cookin spray. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes until chilled.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush zucchini and bell peper with CannaOil, sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat grill, brush grill grate or large sheet of foil or coals 8-10 minutes or until slightly charred and crisp-tender, turning once.
- Grill burgers and zucchini, covered 6-8 minutes or until burgers are firm and zucchini is lightly browned and almost tender, turning once. Halve zucchini crosswise.
- Top burgers with zucchini and bell pepper. Serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired. Serve on whole wheat sandwich thins or mini flax, oat bran or whole wheat pita bread.