You can eat these meatballs by themselves, add them to pasta, or put them in a sliced baguette and top them with provolone cheese for a meatball sub.
1⁄2 pound bulk Italian sausage 1⁄4 pound prosciutto, diced
1⁄2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 tablespoons canna-olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups Tomato Sauce
- Put the bread in a large bowl and cover it with water. Let the bread soften for 5 minutes, then drain it well, using your hands to get as much of the water out as possible.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the bread, turkey, sausage, and prosciutto. Add the eggs, Romano, parsley, canna-olive oil, olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Refrigerate the meatball mixture for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 340°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form the mixture into golf-ball-size meatballs and put them on the baking sheets. They will be a little flat at the bottom, but that's okay.
- Bake the meatballs until they are firm and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Warm the tomato sauce over medium-low heat.
- Toss the meatballs with the warm tomato sauce.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.